Constellation Michael's Club 4/13-4/25

Tab Hunter

Yes it is me donna

Don't usually do this but thought I would let the person know for sure that Perry will be on for the last cruise. I will be with Perry for the September crossing. Will you be there too?

i so want to be joyce, but they're sold out.... AGAIN! waaaaaaaaaaa

Tab--

I found this thread entirely by chance and am glad I did! What great memories this brings back of the T/A and our time spent at Michael's Club.

Won't be on the September T/A but David Perry (not to be confused with Perry Grant) will be the guest lecturer. He's very good! Ocean Liners are his topic.

Frank and Norm in Sunny Santa Barbara (Almost a Gated Community!):cool:

Frank and Norm, I am happy you enjoyed the video clip from Michael’s Club. For those of us who shared the experience, even the poor quality video helps bring a smile as recall the fun times.

Thanks for the information on David Perry, I know those who will be traveling on the September TA will enjoy his stories about the great ocean liners of the past.

I have a question for you, if you would be so kind as to write me at fv209@msn.com.

Tab

I can only teel you that he will be back for the September 15th crossing and the New England cruises after that only Perry knows!:(

Joyce,

Thanks for keeping us informed about Perry's schedule. I know the ship is constantly adjusting their entertainment needs. Do you know who is in Michael’s Club when Perry is away? Whoever it is has a tough act to follow.

Tab

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I just returned yesterday from the June 2 sailing of the Constellation on a 2-week Baltic Sea Cruise. Perry Grant was certainly the most unique lounge singer we have ever experienced on a cruise. He may not be the best singer or pianist you may ever hear, but he is a consumate showman. His show is not be missed. I read in another thread that he is a cross between Victor Borge and Liberace - absolutely true. We found him to be the best entertainer on board this or any cruise we have taken.

After the first few nights, word about his show quickly spread throughout the ship. Each set was standing room only. He usually performed two sets from 7:45 to 8:45 and 9:45 to 12:30. Unfortunately, we had late dinner seating and had little luck in finding seats until late at night.

He builds wonderful rapport with the audience and really looks like he is having a great time. The use of props will catch you off-guard the first night. Music is primarily 20's - 50's with lots of Cole Porter, Gershwin, etc. Have fun, he is not to be missed.

My wife and I just returned yesterday from the June 2 sailing of the Constellation on a 2-week Baltic Sea Cruise. Perry Grant was certainly the most unique lounge singer we have ever experienced on a cruise. He may not be the best singer or pianist you may ever hear, but he is a consumate showman. His show is not be missed. I read in another thread that he is a cross between Victor Borge and Liberace - absolutely true. We found him to be the best entertainer on board this or any cruise we have taken.

After the first few nights, word about his show quickly spread throughout the ship. Each set was standing room only. He usually performed two sets from 7:45 to 8:45 and 9:45 to 12:30. Unfortunately, we had late dinner seating and had little luck in finding seats until late at night.

He builds wonderful rapport with the audience and really looks like he is having a great time. The use of props will catch you off-guard the first night. Music is primarily 20's - 50's with lots of Cole Porter, Gershwin, etc. Have fun, he is not to be missed.

I also had late seating and spent my time standing in Michael’s Club watching Perry's great show. As you said, “he is not to be missed”. Tab

Hi Tab!!!:D Just think---12 weeks from Saturday, we will be boarding the Connie again for the infamous TA!!!!!:p This should be the TA of all time, :D I believe there are over 160 people signed up for the CC party!!!:eek: I wonder how many will hoard Perry's show!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hi Tab!!!:D Just think---12 weeks from Saturday, we will be boarding the Connie again for the infamous TA!!!!!:p This should be the TA of all time, :D I believe there are over 160 people signed up for the CC party!!!:eek: I wonder how many will hoard Perry's show!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hi Lynn,

Yes, I can feel the excitement growing as the embarkation date draws nearer. The ship has been sold out for a month. I have it from reliable sources that Michael’s Club is jam packed during the current Baltic cruises. Can you imagine how busy it will be with the reunion of all the past cruisers this September? Unfortunately, I will not be one of those joyous returning revelers. I will be in Croatia for most of the month, but my heart will be with you and all those wonderful friends who make Perry’s show so special.

My first opportunity to return to the Connie will be in January 2008.

I will be thinking of you.

Tab

Archived