Talkeetna flight Denali or Prince W Sound ?

dkoitz

Hi, Leaving in 30 days. Would you suggest a Grand Tour Flight of Denali or other there or would you do a Prince William Sound with a cove landing?

Thanks!:)

Yes, it's possible. Do you suggest booking it in advance or waiting to see what the weather is like. Do they normally book up? We are going the first 2 weeks in June. I greatly Thank you for your info!

The first two weeks in June are usually not as tight as later in the month or July to mid-August. Furthermore, weather is usually (knock on wood) at its best during that time.

I've always had no problem getting on the Prince William Sound tours since there are three operators; Denali might be a bit more difficult so you might call ahead on that one and ask about their weather policy for cancellations.

I would book both in advance. I don't know if Chenega is also referring to cruise ship days in Whittier?? There are probably 5000 people passing through potential- boat tourists???

Denali flights are definately best booked ahead. You may not end up with the most convenient time as a walk up.

For me the weather never matters on the boat trips, overcast can really enhance those blues. :)

Archived