Mariner of the Seas - Wedding Review 4/26/07

First, congratulations! I am so sorry that things were so stressful, but in the end, you had a lovely wedding.

In reading the details, it seems that most of the problems were due to poor (or no!) communication between RR and RCL. Frankly, I am not surprised. It's hard for us to understand that they are two totally seperate companies and they are not accustomed to coordinating with each other. RCL contracts out wedding planning services to RR so that their staff doesn't have to deal with it. And RR has little contact or control over anything that RCL does. So by booking the ceremony with RR and the reception through RCL, you unknowingly stepped into the middle. You could not have know that there would be zero communciation/coordination bewteen the two companies.

But it's a good lesson for future brides. If you are booking seperate events with both RR and RCL, be prepared to run interference between the two. If you know what to expect, it's half the battle.

You look beautiful in your pictures!!! Did you get your hair done on the ship? I love your dress and all the personal stuff you brought, like the table cloths and pics of your parents. We are counting down the days, and I am just going to have a good time and smile for the pictures like you did. I would never have known all that stuff happened to you!! I had to scroll down and re read your first post just to make sure I was not mixing you up with some one else! Congratulations!!:)

You look beautiful in your pictures!!! Did you get your hair done on the ship? I love your dress and all the personal stuff you brought, like the table cloths and pics of your parents. We are counting down the days, and I am just going to have a good time and smile for the pictures like you did. I would never have known all that stuff happened to you!! I had to scroll down and re read your first post just to make sure I was not mixing you up with some one else! Congratulations!!:)

Thanks Sara! You're making me blush. No matter how mad I was about all that stuff, it is still your day...you are going to marry the man you are in love with and I didn't want then to ruin it! Everything will be OK on the wedding day- just make sure you have a back up plan (like your friends:) )

• 1 month later...

Linh,

Thanks so much for posting this!! I am planning on getting married on Explorer out of NYC in August, 2008. You answered a bunch of my questions - I definitely want to rent out Portofinos for a reception, I had that thought but wasn't sure if they let you do that. Do they charge you the $20/person to rent it out or is it a flat fee?

I'm sorry things didn't go as expected, but so happy it worked out in the end! Congrats, you looked SO beautiful!

Archived