Hotel Help in Orlando

sealgs2000

We are cruising on the Legend on 12/5/04 with a large group and we are looking for a Hotel that would offer transfers from airport to hotel and would also take us to the Port. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You,

For hotels in Orlando

For to-and-from airport, there is an Embassy Suites and a Hampton Inn that offers transportation. There won't be any hotel that will have transportation from the hotel to the port

Doesn't the Legend sail out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale? I would think the hotel transfers mentioned for Orlando would be to Port Canaveral not Port Everglades. Orlando is over 200 miles from Fort Lauderdale.

Zeta, you are correct. I just assumed it was out of Port Canaveral and they would be able to take Mears or a few other Orlando to Port C. transfer options.

sealgs2000, I think this limits your hotel to port options, to cruise-connection or a one-way rental car. For Cruise-Connection you would need to get from the hotel to the McDonald's (9814 International Drive @ the Bee line and International Drive). I have used Cruise Connection from Jax. Their website is http://www.cruise-connection.com

sealgs2000, I think this limits your hotel to port options, to cruise-connection or a one-way rental car. For Cruise-Connection you would need to get from the hotel to the McDonald's (9814 International Drive @ the Bee line and International Drive). I have used Cruise Connection from Jax. Their website is http://www.cruise-connection.com

I just used the link you posted for Cruise Connection, to get some information, and all I got was an error message. Do you have a more up to date website?

I don't know what I was thinking! I am looking for hotels in Fort Laurderdale not Orlando. We depart from Port Everglades we have quite a large group cruising together and are looking for a Hotel that would have a lounge of some sort that we can all hang out at and have some drinks the night before the cruise.

Any ideas?

We will be sailing on Legend in Nov. out of Ft. Lauderdale. I booked the Comfort Inn/Cruise Ports and it's only 2 miles from port. I went online and booked it. They do have free shuttle, and you can leave your car there for $6.00 per day instead of the $12.00 they will charge in port. (every little bit helps) I know there may be a few others that MAY give you free parking. I can't remember which one it is but you probably should be booking real soon. It fills up real fast on sailing days or weekends of sailing. Good luck

You made me nervous, we are sailing on the Legend the week after you. We are staying at the Embassy Suites which is pretty pricey but we were able to use HHonors points to get the room for free.

There are a lot of hotels in the area but I am not sure where else would have a lounge/bar. You may want to try your question over on the "pre&post cruise" board.

btthorn1108,

that is an up 2 date link. Before I posted it , I checked out the link to get the information for Orlando. I believe some versions of browsers have problems with dashes in the url. If you want routes and rates I could email them to you. Email me at gatour.nospam@aol.com. Remove the first dot and nospam. Otherwise from within FL. they can be reached at 1.800.226.5055. Otherwise they can be reached at 1.941.379.7900

sealgs2000,

the Marriott Marina (which is fairly close to the Embassy Suites on 17th) has a cool outside bar right on the Marina) although I don't think they offer free shuttle service to the port. You also may want to check on the Princess boards because they a many ships sailing out of Ft Lauderdale and this type of subject comes up often.

Archived