Times

Hello. I was wondering what time you get back on the cruise ship. If my day says that it ports at 9 am and leaves at 8 pm does that mean that we have until 8 to get back on? Or do you have an earlier time you get on and then the boat just leaves at 8? Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Thanks!

Ok. Thanks! I have another question if anyone is intereseted.... We are getting married in St. Thomas and we dock at 9am. The planner doesnt like to do weddings after 11am because its too crowded. She also said to allow 45 mins of travel time. So if we were to dock at 9 and plan the wedding for 10:30 does it sound like we could make it in time? Will the ship let us get off first or would we have to wait in line? Thanks again!:confused:

You should be able to make it, barring any delays in reaching the port. I would guess the planner has built extra time into the estimated travel time. It would be stressful for me because I don't like cutting things close. 11:00 would be MUCH better. I would talk to the front desk and explain the situation and they might help you in some way. Are you having a cab waiting for you at the port? The planner should have that all set up for you. I'd also make sure the planner is flexible enough so you aren't worrying about being late by 15 min or whatever. The planner should be making your day easy...not putting worries out there for you.

Congratulations!

(We always make sure we're at the ship an hour before it's scheduled to leave port. If there are lines at the last min. you can avoid them. )

As long as the ship arrives on time you should be fine. Once the ship arrives be prepared to go down to the departure area. Once the ship is cleared they will allow you to disembark, many times I see people disembarking prior to the announcement that the ship has been cleared.

Congratulations:)

Star dust, you might very well have a problem with your wedding plans. St Thomas is usually the place where the US Customs and Immigration service does a passport inspection of all passengers. The ship assigns everyone a time to report to the theater where you have to stand in a long line and take your passport or birth certificate/photo ID and meet with Immigration officials. Depending on what ship you're on, you might be able to leave once you do this inspection, but on some ships, they don't allow passengers off until everyone has gone through inspection. If you dock at 9, they probably won't begin the inspection process until 9:30, so you might have a problem getting to your wedding on time.

If you haven't stopped at a foreign port before stopping in St. Thomas, you will not have to go through immigration; you will be able to get off the ship as soon as the ship has been cleared by the port. If you DO have to go through immigration, you will be able to disembark once everyone has gone through immigration.

Enjoy this beautiful island!

Archived