Can anyone describe sailaway on the Crown out of NY

crissyp

Thanks for all the great tips and wonderful suggestions! You guys make it sound soooo beautiful....I can't wait. Yes, being a New Yorker, I have seen it all, but not from the view you guys all described:D

Thanks for the wonderful replies,

Crissy:)

A wonderful day to leave NYC is any day.. Well on a cruise that is.

In Brooklyn Borough at the Old Salt Pier your able to see the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island over in New Jersey from the Ship so much nicer on a clear day..:cool:

At the pier we are across from Gov. Island, NYC, NY where the USCG was.

Yes in this picture see the Y Pier and look East thats the Salt Pier here..

Traveling Down the Hudson River (North River) getting to the Narrows where the Verazzano crosses Inter- Borough between Brooklyn and Staten Island is a wonderful site you should be on Deck for.. which depends really in time on the Harbor Master ok.

:eek:

mapimageNYNJbay595x370.jpg.8ef69c4a584dce2c810935183631f55c.jpg

My DW and I will be flying in from LAX. Is JFK the best airport to fly into? Does anyone know approximate cost of transfers? If we were to come in a day early does anyone have a suggestion for accommodations that will not cost us as much as the cruise itself?

We are booked in a mini-suite on Aug 28. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary. This is our first trip with Princess.

Dr. Jim

Hi Dr. Jim,

We are on the same cruise, :D come over to the Roll Call and join us. There is the Brooklyn Marriott, some B&B's and one other hotel, I can't think of now. They are listed in the roll call.

There was a thread yesterday about cab service, airports and times. You can search it ourt or just go back a couple of pages.

Hi Dr. Jim,

We are on the same cruise, :D come over to the Roll Call and join us. There is the Brooklyn Marriott, some B&B's and one other hotel, I can't think of now. They are listed in the roll call.

There was a thread yesterday about cab service, airports and times. You can search it ourt or just go back a couple of pages.

I will do it. I should have done that before posting.

Dr. Jim

The tips are great!! Will be on the Crown leaving New York in 8 days. Will post upon return. Very excited about it!!!

i am on that sailing also. may 12th eastern caribbean:) u should join our roll call:)

and as far as the time to the bridge, i went from the manhattan pier last year on the ncl dawn and from the time we cast off from the pier to the time we were under the bridge was about an hour, so i would assume the trip from brooklyn would be shorter.

i am on that sailing also. may 12th eastern caribbean:) u should join our roll call:)

I've been trying to figure out how to join a roll call, but am not having any luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

drjpreston- I am flying into JFK from LAX because it is nonstop (actually from Burbank on JEtblue). I chose the marriott brooklyn bridge. If you belong to AAA you can get a pretty good rate (check the marriott website). I think its $45 to the hotel from JFk.

I've been trying to figure out how to join a roll call, but am not having any luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444841&page=7

just go on there and post away. but hurry, only 1 week left:)

Archived