What to do on a 4 night coastal LA-YVR?

aadaneboy

Hi everyone.

My wife and I are booked on the Sapphire Princess's pacific coastal leaving May15. I've never done a repo cruise before, let alone a cruise so short. Since this is not a typical cruise, does the ship still have their evening shows/performances? I also believe there is no formal night. Can anyone verify that as well? We cruise when we can, but just wasn't sure on a quick one like this. Is there still Lobster night???????????

Would appreciate anyone's input that may have done a similar cruise like this.

Thanks again.

They are great "long weekend" get-aways. We have done LA-YVR and YVR-LA. They say there is one formal night but it is no big deal. They do have the ship photographers with their backgrounds set up. As far as formal wear goes it is not there, people just do not wear the tuxes and gowns. Some might wear a suit but we did anytime dining and just wore slacks and spot shirt which is what most people did. There are shows in the evening. It is just like a longer cruise only days shorter. My Princess Patters from Sept 2006 when we did LA-YVR show one formal night. This was a 3 night cruise. The Patters show line dancing, jackpot bingo, shuffleboard tournament, golf putting challenge, a movie in the afternoon, art auction on one days Princess Patter. Shows were, first night was master magician, second night was Piano Man production, (just saw this show again on our recent 15 days Panama Canal cruise) and the last night was a comedy showtime. There is the usual Krazy karaoke, and music groups in the lounges each night. I don't remember lobster night but then I don't like it so if it happened I did not notice. No Baked Alaska parade either. I don't think they do a special lobster night, but I have only been on 3 night repos.

We are booked on 3 night Vancouver to LA in Sept and I've been told one formal night. We usually only book longer cruises, more than seven days, but felt since this was leaving from our home port it feels like a weekend away for very little costs! Plus this cruise will take us to Elite status.

Archived