Beach Recommendation for day in Barbados

jbarboza4

We will be arriving in Barbados on the NCL Dawn 9 am 12/24. Looking for a beach recommendation. Will be traveling with our two kids ages 14 and 17. Looking for a beach with fairly calm water with some snorkeling. Close to the port would be nice.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I too am looking for a fairly calm beach.....we are travelling with 3 teenagers and need to not worry about undertoes.

From what I am reading on these boards

Looks like the Boatyard might be the place... music, water toys, food ...seems to me a party atmosphere.......$12.00 entry fee gets you chairs and $5.00 tokens for food.

Crane seems more adventurous with the water....so I think we'll avoid that.

It appears Mullins or Paynes might also be the ticket

Anyone have suggestions for a nice day with 3 teeenagers???

If you've got teenagers then Crane Beach is probably your best bet with buggy boards etc. It's not dangerous at all. If you don't want to fork out for the boards, body surfing is pretty good too. You definately need umbrellas there and if you don't have your own, lounges and umbrellas are available for rent.

A SPECTACULAR beach hidden away is Bottom Bay. I shouldn't tell you as I would like to keep it a secret though I find more people are discovering it. No tour buses but the taxi drivers know how to get there. 20-30 minutes from the port. Very secluded so be sure to bring a picnic or something to drink if you plan on staying for a while. The waves are humungus. Not for young children, You'll come out of the water with sand in every body cavity you have. A new beach I discoverd last year (I've been going for 20 years) is Foul Bay. Fantastic!! And you see very few people.Then there is Miami Beach which is more commercial. If you're big into wind surfing and kiting then Silver Sands is the place. Great place to go bikini watching :cool: as this area appeals more to the 18-38 crowd. There are the commercial and crowded beaches on the south coast as well. The west coast is great for calm wateres with no wave activity at all to speak of. Check out the Barbados web sites and if you've got a more specific question, drop me a line. As I said I've been going for years and it always amazes me to keep finding new beaches that relatively few people know about.

Ian

Archived