OBC or lower price?

Irina555

Probably a stupid question, but I have never used TA before.

I got 2 quotes on ***** - one is higher, but gives $100 per cabin credit, another is lower, but no credit.

How can I be sure that they if fact will give me OBC? Is it stated anywhere in my receipt?

Also, should I try and contact cruise line direct? Is it possible they will give me better price?

Sorry, posted it in the wrong place, please move to Ask a Cruise question.

OBCs are only for stuff onboard which is by its very nature, overpriced, generally useless stuff.

However, if the OBC is a must for you, just get it in writing from whomever you choose to handle your trip arrangements. After I get a price I like, I call the 800 number of the company and deal with one person and save all the e-mail exchanges and document with time and date any calls made.

Never have a I seen a cruise line beat web prices, TA's, etc., but it does not hurt to call and check.

I always book with the same company (found by the company you mentioned) and even when they are not the lowest price initially, I call and ask them what they will do to get my business - almost always they've matched the lowest price!

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the same situation but the price difference was less than $10 so I took the deal that had the OBC. And yes, this was included on the receipt that I received from the TA.

And so far this TA has been FANTASTIC with fast response time, helpfulness, etc. I have a direct email for one person along with her extenstion -- I'm glad I selected this TA and I will definitely be using them again!

Archived