Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

We sailed on the Legend July 8, 2007 and loved everything about the ship. Our cabin was a balcony (8146) . The noise from the Lido deck was not bad . Only once during the 7 days did we hear the chairs from the Lido deck. The ship was extremely clean, easy to navigate, the crew was friendly and the choices of food were enought to satisfy a picky eater like my husband. Book a spa appointment when you first arrive on board..it's a wonderful place to relax and feel pampered. Can't wait to cruise again :cool:

Going on the Legend Sep 2nd and have a few newbie 1st time cruiser questions:

1. Are the two designated "formal" nights held in the regular dinning room (Truffles Restaurant) served for the masses or is at the upper scale dinning (Golden Fleece Supper Club) for only those who make reservations?

2. I read about the swimming with the sting rays is the thing to do at Grand Cayman. My wife doesn't like big fish if they swim close by, do you recommend that I skip this excursion? Or is it really tame? If it doesn't sound like she would enjoy it, then it sounds like we should go to Sea Grape or Royal Palms beach which doesn't sound like a bad consolation prize.

3. It looks like the Medusa's Lair is the dance club but are there any other bars that have dancing? The floor plans look like Satchmo's has a dance floor as well. What type of music is played in there? (jazz?)

4. Is breakfast and lunch served in the Truffles Restaurant or is it in a different buffet dining room? I read that there is no specified time and is a buffet but I didn't read anywhere about where it's served.

5. Is tea free? Is it brewed or instant?

Thanks in advance. I love all the advice!

Mark

Edge,

1. The formal nights are in the main dining room. The supper club is around $30 each but it is an experience you would pay $100 a plate for elsewhere, worth every penny.

2. The sting rays are very docile and have been swiming with humans for 20 years. Grand Cayman is the Beverly Hills of the Caribbean, my wife is going to the beach alone while I scuba dive and we have no reservations about it.

3. Can't help, haven't saild the Legend before.

4. Breakfast is served in the dining room and it is made to order from a menu not a buffet. There is breakfast and lunch buffets on the lido deck everyday that are very tasty, made to order omelets and all.

5. Tea, juice and water are free all day. The tea normally sucks though.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise be prepared for "Cruise Addiction".

Satchmo's ;

USUALLY a good asian type of band...top 40 to old rock....Eagles, some current stuff, "Freebird" of course, hahahaha

usually there are people dancing in there....from like about 9:30pm to about 1:00am

seemes kinda smokey but the music was good!

I admit I'm very bummed out about our cabin assignment for our 9/16 cruise on the Legend. This will be my first cruise and I made the reservation as a category guarantee as per the advice of our TA. Will there be any chance of changing to a better location once I'm on board? If so, when do I try to do so and who do I speak to about it?

Up till now I'd been looking forward to this cruise. Now I'm actually dreading it.

I admit I'm very bummed out about our cabin assignment for our 9/16 cruise on the Legend. This will be my first cruise and I made the reservation as a category guarantee as per the advice of our TA. Will there be any chance of changing to a better location once I'm on board? If so, when do I try to do so and who do I speak to about it?

Up till now I'd been looking forward to this cruise. Now I'm actually dreading it.

Dak,

Don't dread it!! If you have been reading the forums you have seen this is one of the most popular ships Carnival has. I have had a room in the bowels of the ship so dark that you can't see your hand in front of your face and a balcony on the panorama deck on my last cruise. I had a blast on both cruises and frankly the room isn't that big of a deal. There is SOOOOO much to do your cabin is really only good for sleeping and bathing. I don't know what cabin you got but the inside low deck cabins are the best places to sleep in the world!!! Look forward to your cruise as it is one of the most relaxing vactions you can ever have!! Don't expect everything to be perfect because it won't be, there will be jerks in the lines, kids that don't behave and staff that make mistakes. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you choose to react to it!! Just decide ahead of time to have fun no matter what!!

Going on the Legend Sep 2nd and have a few newbie 1st time cruiser questions:

1. Are the two designated "formal" nights held in the regular dinning room (Truffles Restaurant) served for the masses or is at the upper scale dinning (Golden Fleece Supper Club) for only those who make reservations?

2. I read about the swimming with the sting rays is the thing to do at Grand Cayman. My wife doesn't like big fish if they swim close by, do you recommend that I skip this excursion? Or is it really tame? If it doesn't sound like she would enjoy it, then it sounds like we should go to Sea Grape or Royal Palms beach which doesn't sound like a bad consolation prize.

3. It looks like the Medusa's Lair is the dance club but are there any other bars that have dancing? The floor plans look like Satchmo's has a dance floor as well. What type of music is played in there? (jazz?)

4. Is breakfast and lunch served in the Truffles Restaurant or is it in a different buffet dining room? I read that there is no specified time and is a buffet but I didn't read anywhere about where it's served.

Thanks in advance. I love all the advice!

Mark

Hi Edge,

I would like to invite you to join our roll call. It's a place where cruisers on a specific sailing meet and mingle before we sail. It's a great bunch! In fact, some of us met last year through our Glory roll call and had such a great time, we are all cruising together this year! We are a chatty bunch, so there are over 880 posts (!). You don't have to read them all. Read the last few pages and jump on in! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415847

Best night for Supper Club was discussed one page back on this thread, pg. 16

when you go on board you can look at the menus and decide for yourselves what doesn't suit your palate. We found three nights that would have been good for us!

remember to consider your ports and excursions...you don't want to be tired. Next time we will also do the last night!

Hey everyone. My sister in law is going to be on this cruise in September and she was wondering if there is any type of Internet cafe? Thanks so much for the help.

There sure is!!!

Kelli,

Hi. Where do you go to look at the menus for the week. I never knew you could look at the weeks menus in advance.

Kathy

These ( http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/2102141#108792025 ) are still, for the most part... accurate.

They have been know to switch days.

Those contain a "D12" menu - which was for the Legend when it was sailing an 8 day itinerary. Just pay attention to the D71-D77 menus.

Here is a link to the new supper club menu: (It is the same across the fleet)

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/2951975#159490695

Tom

There sure is!!!

These ( ) are still, for the most part... accurate.

They have been know to switch days.

Those contain a "D12" menu - which was for the Legend when it was sailing an 8 day itinerary. Just pay attention to the D71-D77 menus.

Here is a link to the new supper club menu: (It is the same across the fleet)

Tom

I drool over these everytime I see the link. I sure wish I could order this for dinner tonight....any one of the menus would do. :D

:D Hello everyone. I'm thinking of sailing on the Legend next year. She looks like a nice ship. I was wondering what is the "Enchanted Forest". I cant seem to find a good explanation of what it is and why there are two of them and what is in them. Thanks in advance.

AAAAAHHH Crusiing--- Gotta love it :D

:D Hello everyone. I'm thinking of sailing on the Legend next year. She looks like a nice ship. I was wondering what is the "Enchanted Forest". I cant seem to find a good explanation of what it is and why there are two of them and what is in them. Thanks in advance.

AAAAAHHH Crusiing--- Gotta love it :D

It's an odd little walkway and it's not two of them really, it's a U shape. It's a narrow pathway that has seating areas all the way down the long paths. I found it on accident when I was on the Miracle. There it's called Gatsbys garden. It's kinda hard to notice unless you are looking for it (at least that's what I thought). I know I walked right by the little opening for days and never noticed it at all. I don't know how it's decorated on the Legent (yet) but on the miracle it was all white and green with lots of lattace(sp?) and it was suposed to look like a little garden. It was very deserted usually and quite a cool little sitting area. I noticed it was a little stuffy in there most of the time though. Otherwise it would have been a cool little place to bring a buffet tray to and have lunch or something. It would be perfect if you wanted to curl up with a good book and it's great for picture taking too! :)

Thanks for the reply. I hope someone who has been on legend will reply as well. Sounds like a good place for a quite break. Wonder if there is wireless available in this area. :D

aaaahhhhh Cruising--- Gotta Love It!!!!!!!!

Well Carnival has offically changed the itineraries for the 08/18 and 08/19 sailings:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_t...er_update.aspx

We sail that next week (08/26). Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Grand Cayman. I guess its up to the port and city if they can handle cruise passengers then....that is if they have power and arent demolished.

Otherwise, our itinerary will more than likely be the same as the 08/19 cruise.

On a lighter note:

I have heard the seas are much calmer after the storm goes thru but snorkeling is awful....everything is jumbled up.

Have a great trip everyone! Be safe!

Just back from the Legend (7/29 debark) and can answer the following questions:

The formal nights are definitely in the regular dining room. They were on Monday night and Friday night.

We did the 2 and 1/2 hour stingray excursion through Carnival that departed right from the dock at I believe 8:30am. It was called the Stingray City Tour. The sting rays did look a little scary from the boat as you reached the sandbar that they take you to for this. It was somewhat scary for certain people...some didnt even get off of the boat. That being said, our daughter was scared, but once she finally did get in the water it quickly went away and she really loved it. The sting rays do brush up against you though. This tour returned us to the dock at around noon where we grabbed a cab over to 7 Mile Beach and the Royal Palms for the rest of the afternoon (about 2 hours) ... this ended up working out really well, we were able to experience two great features in Grand Cayman.

There was some dancing going on at Satchmo's, that little club has a dance area in front of the stage where the band plays, they play jazz and other than that, a little of everything. I remember Prince music being played.

I know that breakfast is served every day in the Truffles Restaurant, the hours vary I believe according to what port you are in and when you get into that port. I think that lunch is also served every day in Truffles, not completely sure on this, there may have been one or two days when they only served lunch up on those lido deck buffets. Either way, the maitre d goes over this each night at dinner.

I would agree with an earlier person in that this tea isnt quite the best...but it does the job.

6. Is sushi served on the ship?

Yes sushi is served every day along deck 2 right outside of the sports bar...I believe from 5:30 to 8:00PM

The enchanted forest on the Legend was just a hallway that was really pretty...at least that's all I saw of it. I also ran into it by accident when I was heading down some stairs and thought it was pretty neat but that was all that I noticed. I did not use the internet on the boat so not sure about that answer..:):):). I loved my cruise on the Legend...probably my best yet...I loved Costa Maya and hope it is doing well today :(.

I've booked our cruise for 12/2/2007, extended balcony 4241. It feels real now. I was a bit concerned that the room was directly above truffles but my PVP said that the dining room should be pretty cleared out in the evening. I can't wait to sail!