Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Akkarebear,

Sorry if I'm getting annoying. I guess I'm just addicted to the boards right now. :rolleyes:

I read your review, which is also under member reviews for Legend. All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... :D

Couple more questions though. About how much did they charge for the snuba pics? And was the Gumbalimba Park included in the snuba or did that cost extra?

DH, 3 DD's (19, 17, & 14) and I will be going in August and the 19 really wants to scuba, but we said no, maybe snorkle, so this may be a good compromise. The 17 is crazy about monkeys, so this place may be close to perfection.

Thanks again!!!!! :D

Akkarebear,

Sorry if I'm getting annoying. I guess I'm just addicted to the boards right now. :rolleyes:

I read your review, which is also under member reviews for Legend. All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... :D

Couple more questions though. About how much did they charge for the snuba pics? And was the Gumbalimba Park included in the snuba or did that cost extra?

DH, 3 DD's (19, 17, & 14) and I will be going in August and the 19 really wants to scuba, but we said no, maybe snorkle, so this may be a good compromise. The 17 is crazy about monkeys, so this place may be close to perfection.

Thanks again!!!!! :D

Yes I think snuba is the perfect compromise. They say that young children can even snuba. In our excursion price, it included transportation to and from the park and snuba diving. I hope that all the snuba excursions are the same, forgive me if not. ;)

Once inside the park you can take a tour with or without the guide - no charge. I don't know what else the park offers though, we didn't have time for more than that.

The snuba pictures are on CD and they actually caught some video also of us. It was $25 for our 3 short videos and 15 pics. I think that the more people they have on the excursion the less pics you get, we only had a total of 4 people.

I don't mind the questions, it is nice - makes me think back about our cruise and how much fun we had!:D

love the review Akkaebear , it's really good to see your review as I'm going on the Legend on Feb 17th, and starting off our stay at the Intercontinental.

Good hotel? What ports had piers, and what ports did you have to tender to shore?

Thanks for your time

love the review Akkaebear , it's really good to see your review as I'm going on the Legend on Feb 17th, and starting off our stay at the Intercontinental.

Good hotel? What ports had piers, and what ports did you have to tender to shore?

Thanks for your time

I loved the hotel, we got a good deal on "name your own price".

I felt it was worth every penny! They had nice areas set up with flat screen T.V.'s and couches, by the bar. The service was wonderful as well.

Tendered ports were Grand Cayman, very short; Belize, quite long 15+ mins

Docked ports were Cozumel and Roatan. Our ship was the only one in Roatan and the port is only big enough for one ship, so if there are more ships due in that day then you might tender in.

What are your excursion/plans in port?

Hey Jrs, don't remember seeing your name on the roll call for the Legend cruise on 2/17. Follow the link here and meet some of the people you'll be sailing with! Seems to me, there are alot of fun folks that will be with you on that trip. I can't wait! CYA there.

Rick

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=532023

By the way, thx for the pictures akkaebear. I'm not doing any of the excursions you did, but the pics of the ship were great and the one of the Sunshine Skyway in the sunset is fantastic; the one of the funnel going under the bridge is breathtaking. I'm on the cruise Feb 17 also, and can't wait.

Hey all....

I have a silly question??? Where can i get the drinks that come in the coconuts??? u know like the alcohol drinks served in coconuts with the lil umbrella....LOL....

That is one of their daily drink specials...they have a different special every day which they offer at bars throughout the ship, mainly at the pool bars. It's one price if you want the special glass (or in this case, coconut:p ) and another if you just want the drink special in a smaller glass. We got one, but they aren't cheap...I think it was $12 or maybe $15, and the glass inside that holds the drink isn't very large. But it was just one of those things we decided to get, and is now sitting on my DH's dresser as his change bank...LOL! (Ordinarily way too tacky for me to allow it, but brings back fond memories!):D

Enjoy your cruise...it is just awesome!!!:)

I loved the hotel, we got a good deal on "name your own price".

I felt it was worth every penny! They had nice areas set up with flat screen T.V.'s and couches, by the bar. The service was wonderful as well.

Tendered ports were Grand Cayman, very short; Belize, quite long 15+ mins

Docked ports were Cozumel and Roatan. Our ship was the only one in Roatan and the port is only big enough for one ship, so if there are more ships due in that day then you might tender in.

What are your excursion/plans in port?

What dock did you use in Cozumel? I heard they were using the one down a couple of miles.

what day & time is the past guest party on the legend?

It was on the first formal nite...Tuesday (also, the sea day). I'm not sure if they had a separate one for each dinner seating, but I know ours was at around 4:30 or 5 (we had early seating) and it was held in the follies lounge...

shouldn't the sea day be on Monday????

OOOOOPPPPPS! My bad! Yes, you are correct....Mon is the sea day and the formal dinner and the past guest party. Thanks for catching that Dave! (hmmmm, maybe I found more rowdies and partiers than I thought and ended up with cruise brain damage!!!:eek: ;) )

in that case when is cpatains cocktail party, i thought that was usually first formal night

Good question! I think we missed it! I wonder if it was at the same time as past cruise party?:confused: But here is a link to the Capers for that itinerary on the Legend...I didn't have time to look at it, but you should find it in there. Warning, it takes quite a while for them to load up...

Hope this helps you!:)

http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/tabid/455/Default.aspx

OOOOOPPPPPS! My bad! Yes, you are correct....Mon is the sea day and the formal dinner and the past guest party. Thanks for catching that Dave! (hmmmm, maybe I found more rowdies and partiers than I thought and ended up with cruise brain damage!!!:eek: ;) )

Actually, Monday is the day of the Captain's Cocktail Party, not the past guest party. As you stated it is also an at sea day and the first formal night.

Actually, Monday is the day of the Captain's Cocktail Party, not the past guest party. As you stated it is also an at sea day and the first formal night.

*heading to the corner*

I think I am just going to put some mittens on my fingers so I can't give any more bogus information!:( I think I mixed up the captains party with the past guest!

My apologies to all............

*heading to the corner*

I think I am just going to put some mittens on my fingers so I can't give any more bogus information!:( I think I mixed up the captains party with the past guest!

My apologies to all............

No problem, I just wanted to clarify. I'm still not sure what day the past guest party is held though so I'm hoping a recent Legend cruiser pipes in here with that info. ;)

Hi....

My accountant asked me about Legend as she and her family just booked a cruise for Nov. Having never cruised on Carnival, the acc't or myself, (my son has but that's been a few years ago) I came here to find out what I could to answer her questions.

From what I gather, Legend is a popular ship, well maintained, friendly staffed, and fun to be on; the food seems to be very good, the speciality restaurant even better, and the sushi bar a must stop at; the activities many and varied.

I don't recall seeing anything about the staterooms. Comfy beds and plenty of storeage?

What is the earliest you can board?

Anything that is a must do whilst on the Legend?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I'm sure it won't reduce whatever figures she comes up with where the IRS is concerned but since she saves me the hassle of figuring it out, I'd like to help her out. ;) :D

Once tax season is over, I'll send her over here to learn more.

Thanks again.

Hi....

My accountant asked me about Legend as she and her family just booked a cruise for Nov. Having never cruised on Carnival, the acc't or myself, (my son has but that's been a few years ago) I came here to find out what I could to answer her questions.

From what I gather, Legend is a popular ship, well maintained, friendly staffed, and fun to be on; the food seems to be very good, the speciality restaurant even better, and the sushi bar a must stop at; the activities many and varied.

I don't recall seeing anything about the staterooms. Comfy beds and plenty of storeage?

What is the earliest you can board?

Anything that is a must do whilst on the Legend?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I'm sure it won't reduce whatever figures she comes up with where the IRS is concerned but since she saves me the hassle of figuring it out, I'd like to help her out. ;) :D

Once tax season is over, I'll send her over here to learn more.

Thanks again.

Hi there SC!

I will taking a cru.... um, business trip on the Legend in a few weeks and will happy to find out anything you would like about the ship!