Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Regarding the Supper Club - Can you make reservations prior to sailing? What is the dress code? From what I have read it is well worth it. Thoughts? If these questions haev already been answered, I apologize in advance. I tried searching, but the board is so slow, my search was timed out. Thanks!

It gets fairly crowded on sea days, but there seemed to be alot of lounges so not too hard to get one or 2. And there is often seating at the tables, too, if you want shade.

Not sure about the fitness center...I was too busy relaxing!:)

Thanks! I hear you - I may find the pool too relaxing to bother with working out ;->

Can't wait until our May sailing (and for my cabin assignment)!!!

Thanks! I hear you - I may find the pool too relaxing to bother with working out ;->

Can't wait until our May sailing (and for my cabin assignment)!!!

Enjoy!!! Wish I was you!:D

And sorry I can't answer Jess' question...we were going to do the supper club, but the food was so good in the restaurant (and plenty filling!) that we decided to forego it....

Regarding the Belize port. Some of you mentioned be careful if you're going outside "the fence". I'm new. What's "the fence"? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

The "port" area where you tender into is fenced to separate it from the "general population".

Inside the fence is referring to the area that is "inside the fence" that separates the port from the downtown area.

Inside the fence, you will find all kinds of stores, a drugstore, several restaurants, several open air bars on the water and several independent vendors (like my acquaintance Gilly). There is a Diamonds International (of course) as well as other stores there.

As long as you are inside the fence, you are not bothered by the locals. They are standing "outside the fence" where there is a guard at the gate to check people in and out.

Gilly and several other tour operators are working hard to help Belize become a tourist port. They understand that the aggressive nature of folks outside the fence are not helping their cause. But it is a poor port and these folks know that they have to "make hay while the sun shines". The tour operators are working to find that happy median where tourists will feel welcomed, vendors can sell their wares without being as aggressive and everyone can have a great time. Unfortunately another "problem" are gangs that come over the Belize borders and cause trouble in Belize.

Will someone always have trouble "outside the fence"? No, but there have been enough incidents (that included guns) that lead me to recommend only going outside the fence with a tour...either independent or ship.

Hopefully one day that won't be necessary...because it is a beautiful country and English is the dominate language...so it is nice not to have the language barrier.

Regarding the Supper Club - Can you make reservations prior to sailing? What is the dress code? From what I have read it is well worth it. Thoughts? If these questions haev already been answered, I apologize in advance. I tried searching, but the board is so slow, my search was timed out. Thanks!

Everything you've read about the Supper Clubs is true. Food is above the dining room, impeccable service and a private romantic atmosphere. VERY relaxing. You feel pampered! Everyone should try it once. It is definitely "worth it" if you want a great experience and aren't of the opinion "why pay for practically the same food I can get for free in the dining room". A valid point if money is a big issue.

That being said, now that I've done it I wouldn't do it twice. Cave tubing was great last time in Belize, but this time I want something different. DH agrees. Once was great! Twice would have a "been there done that" feel.

Happy sailing!

Lisa:p

LHP,

Glad to hear that they are trying to fix things outside the fence. It was not a good experience (we lasted about 10 minutes!).:eek:

Our tour had gotten cancelled so we decided to just hang around the port. When I go again I will definitely book another tour so I can see the area. Not being a big shopper, I felt a little trapped!:rolleyes:

Does anyone have a current pricelist for the excursions through Carnival on the Legend? I looked on the Carnival site, but they only gave a range. I tried to search the boards, but it was so slow my pc timed out. Thanks!

If you have already booked your cruise, you just need to register with a user name and password on Carnival's web site. Then go to "my reservation" and enter your info. Then go to the shore excursions for your booking and it will have the actual prices, not just the $$$ signs.

Have fun!

Everything you've read about the Supper Clubs is true. Food is above the dining room, impeccable service and a private romantic atmosphere. VERY relaxing. You feel pampered! Everyone should try it once. It is definitely "worth it" if you want a great experience and aren't of the opinion "why pay for practically the same food I can get for free in the dining room". A valid point if money is a big issue.

That being said, now that I've done it I wouldn't do it twice. Cave tubing was great last time in Belize, but this time I want something different. DH agrees. Once was great! Twice would have a "been there done that" feel.

Happy sailing!

Knowing my husband, he would not pay the extra if we can eat for "free" but it sounds like it would be a great one time experience for just me and him, without the kids.

Hi there!

I have a couple questions about the Tampa port. We'll be flying in that morning and take a cab to the port - we should arrive around 10:30. I read that there's shopping around the port. Are there any places nearby (walkable) that sell (1) cases of water and (2) wine? We'd love to bring these things, but don't want to fly with them.

Thanks in advance!

Obviously I didn't make myself clear on my previous inquiry. Carnival has a new on board booking program that is being implemented gradually fleetwide. It is similar to those already in place on Princess and HAL. Goes something like this: A reduced deposit of $100 per person and a $50 per person on board credit for any 7 cruise booked while on board a Carnival cruise. You don't even have to specify which cruise, in which case the booking would be "open", or some would call a "ghost" booking. Bookings are transferable to one's own TA at any time. This program is already available on several ships. I'd like to know if it has been implemented on the Legend as yet.

Obviously I didn't make myself clear on my previous inquiry. Carnival has a new on board booking program that is being implemented gradually fleetwide. It is similar to those already in place on Princess and HAL. Goes something like this: A reduced deposit of $100 per person and a $50 per person on board credit for any 7 cruise booked while on board a Carnival cruise. You don't even have to specify which cruise, in which case the booking would be "open", or some would call a "ghost" booking. Bookings are transferable to one's own TA at any time. This program is already available on several ships. I'd like to know if it has been implemented on the Legend as yet.

I'm not certain of the particulars, but I know they make a big deal about booking another cruise while you are still on the ship, so I'm sure there are perks such as the ones you mention. (I was on the Legend in Nov)

I'm not certain of the particulars, but I know they make a big deal about booking another cruise while you are still on the ship, so I'm sure there are perks such as the ones you mention. (I was on the Legend in Nov)

Thanks, that answers my question!

Hi there!

I have a couple questions about the Tampa port. We'll be flying in that morning and take a cab to the port - we should arrive around 10:30. I read that there's shopping around the port. Are there any places nearby (walkable) that sell (1) cases of water and (2) wine? We'd love to bring these things, but don't want to fly with them.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about the Tampa port, but 2 years ago, we were on the Glory. I took my smallest rolling suitcase and filled it with 24 bottles of water. DH said I was crazy, and that the water would definitely come out when it flew in the depressurized compartment of the plane. All 24 bottles made it without a drop spilling. When we got ready to come home, my empty suitcase was wonderful to put extra souvenirs in that we didn't have room for anywhere else.

Hi there!

Thanks in advance!

You may want to pose this question on the Departure ports thread...may get a response that way. I know before we went on the Legend, people were asking questions under the Tampa thread and some local residents were answering them!

I never took a good look at what stores were actually there as we got right on the ship, but there are a number of them right around the port...

Good luck! And hope you have a great cruise!!

I have a long ways to go before my cruise, but I am excited nonetheless. We cruised for the first time last year on RCL's Navigator of the Seas and had the time of our lives. I really liked RCL and was reluctant to try Carnival. However, when searching for a cruise during the week that both me and DH had off, it came down to dollars and cents for us. For the same type cabin we would've paid approximately $150 more per person on the RCL ship and they had one less excursion. After doing research on here and *****.com, I am very pleased with my decision.

Speaking of *****, they really need to update their site. It says the Legend has no miniature golf and it says the Supper Club has a $25 surcharge per person. It seems pretty consistent from this forum that it's $30 per person.

Anyway, cruising is now my vacation of choice.

Has anyone ever had an adjoining room on the Legend? We have rooms 7259 adjoining to 7263 and then also 7267 which is next door. Two questions: Do you know if the door that joins the rooms makes the rooms lose the couch to accomodate the door and will the steward open the balconies so that we can be connected that way also? My husband and I are in 1 room that connects to our 28 year old and 9 year old daughters. The next room is our oldest daughter and her husband. We sail 3 weeks from tomorrow and I can't wait!!!! Thanks for any help! Mary:)

Has anyone ever had an adjoining room on the Legend? We have rooms 7259 adjoining to 7263 and then also 7267 which is next door. Two questions: Do you know if the door that joins the rooms makes the rooms lose the couch to accomodate the door and will the steward open the balconies so that we can be connected that way also? My husband and I are in 1 room that connects to our 28 year old and 9 year old daughters. The next room is our oldest daughter and her husband. We sail 3 weeks from tomorrow and I can't wait!!!! Thanks for any help! Mary:)

I can't help you with the connecting interior doors question, but to get the balcony dividers opened you need to go to the Pursers desk when you first board the ship and have one representative from each cabin there asking to have the divider opened. They only open a limited number of dividers per sailing which is why you want to ask for it right away.

This is my 8th Carnival cruise. In the past we always just sort of "flew by the seat of our pants" regarding excursions and never had a problem. When we took my husbands 2 daughters on their first cruise, we did the same except when we went to Caracas and thankfully we did book that one thru Carnival. We did a Caracas tour. It was just the 4 of us with an English speaking guide and we saw some great sites. Many people got their own taxis for 3/4 of the price we paid but I just wanted to be sure to get what we wanted so we booked thru Carnival. Well, it started to rain, and there was a huge mud slide which wiped out the main road to the ship. We were an hour late back to the ship and they waited for us and some others that they knew were booked thru them. However, our neighbors didn't make it back in time and had to meet us at the next port! There were about 25 people or so that missed the boat that day! So this trip, we're traveling with our 2 older daughters, one with her husband and our 9 year old. I really wanted to take my little one to Xicaret since I loved it many years ago and there's not much else I want to do in Cozumel. So that trip we booked through Carnival. The Caymans I've been to 1/2 a dozen times and have no qualms about using the local guides. In Belize and Roatan, places I haven't yet visited, we're just going to beach it or go see the monkeys so we'll do that on our own too. I just have to be careful when I book a trip that fills alot of the time booked to be in port. Because the ship won't wait, I've seen it happen!

I can't help you with the connecting interior doors question, but to get the balcony dividers opened you need to go to the Pursers desk when you first board the ship and have one representative from each cabin there asking to have the divider opened. They only open a limited number of dividers per sailing which is why you want to ask for it right away.

Thanks for the tip Scott!!! I really want to have access to all 3 rooms via the balconies! I'm hoping the door to the adjoining rooms doesn't make us lose our couch but if it does, oh well. I know on a different class of ships it does but for some reason I thought I saw that on the Glory the door was placed differently. And I just spoke with my step daughter. For some reason I thought we were sailing 3 weeks from tomorrow and it's actually in 2!!!! I better get busy!!!!!

Thanks for the tip Scott!!! I really want to have access to all 3 rooms via the balconies! I'm hoping the door to the adjoining rooms doesn't make us lose our couch but if it does, oh well. I know on a different class of ships it does but for some reason I thought I saw that on the Glory the door was placed differently. And I just spoke with my step daughter. For some reason I thought we were sailing 3 weeks from tomorrow and it's actually in 2!!!! I better get busy!!!!!

Have fun! We have three cat 11's in a row for our upcoming Easter cruise. We'll have our dividers opened as well. ;)

We have adjoining rooms on the Legend, 5106 (interior cabin) adjoining cabin to 5108 (balcony cabin). I understand that our balcony cabin has a sofa, our interior does not. Won't know for sure till July :)