Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

I'm thrilled about this thread. Just booked the Legend for the June 8th sailing. I haven't gotten a chance to read the whole thread yet. Does anyone know how room 8182 is? Online it said it had an extended balcony. We're definitely looking forward to this cruise.

The DH and I are booked on the Legend for 10/05/08 and we are assigned the same cabin number as you are for your trip.....We are first time cruisers, so you will have to let me know how the room was!!

Have fun!

:confused: Does anyone know if there is a way to go to the front of the ship on the Legend? We were on RCl MOS and were able to go all the way forward. Makes for some nice shots. If I remember right this is not secret door on this ship.

P.S. By the way, though the MOS was a nice ship, i really liked Carnival better. :)

:confused: Does anyone know if there is a way to go to the front of the ship on the Legend? We were on RCl MOS and were able to go all the way forward. Makes for some nice shots. If I remember right this is not secret door on this ship.

P.S. By the way, though the MOS was a nice ship, i really liked Carnival better. :)

That's a good question! In thinking about it, I realized that since we spent almost all of our time at the aft pool and bar, I never tried to get there! Although we did get to the front on the top deck, but I know that's not what you're talking about;) I will be interested to hear the answer to this and will try to get there on my next Legend adventure next year!

This is an awesome cruise...loved the ship and the ports, and the staff we had in November was absolutely WONDERFUL! Hope you all have the same experience!:D

I will be pulling out of Tampa on this ship for the first time this coming weekend. I will be sure to come back and leave my remarks. This is my 3rd cruise (2nd in 8 months), so I am feeling seasoned.

I may be mistaken, but I think I remember someone saying the secret doors were located in the Enchanted Forest. It's on a thread here but can't remember which.

Cool, thanks for looking out for the rest of us! These are aimed at anyone who may have knowledge of this port, this cruise, and this ship. I have lots of questions! :confused:

My family (husband, me, 4 sons and oldest son's gf - ages 19, 18, 17, 14 & 10) are going in July to W Caribbean. First cruise for all of us. It is my graduation gift (nursing school).

My guys aren't go-go-go - they like adventure, but also like to be more slow-paced. So we're planning to do 2 really good excursions instead of one in every port. Maybe you can help us narrow it down to 2 of the best. I've seen pictures from others who made the same ports-of-call. One couple had an excursion where they were able to hold and play with baby monkeys. My guys are animal-crazy and would love that. I have no idea where it was, which excursion they went through, etc. Maybe you or someone else can find out! :)

I would love to know which port has the absolute best snorkeling for beginners - clear water, shallow, close-up easy-to-see fish and coral, etc. My husband and I are snorkelers but our guys have never gone. We would love for this to be a great beginning snorkeling trip for them.

We are on the Panorama deck. Is there a problem with movement up there? Are we more likely to get seasick? Any issues with noise on the higher decks?

What is fun for teenagers on the ship besides the Club 2-0 or whatever it's called? What sort of stuff do they have that is aimed at that set? How is the video arcade? Are the games free or pay-as-you-play?

What drinks are free? I know you have to buy a soda card if you want unlimited soda, but surely they offer something for free?

Where should we park (we're driving to Tampa from NC)? And we're staying in a hotel the night before we sail, and then for two nights after we return. Any suggestions for a big party of 7?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may have some answers!

Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 5238, 7303 or 7260 i know that this is a handicap cabin, just curious to know how different it is from a regular cabin? Are there any pictures of this cabin anywhere?

Cool, thanks for looking out for the rest of us! These are aimed at anyone who may have knowledge of this port, this cruise, and this ship. I have lots of questions! :confused:

My family (husband, me, 4 sons and oldest son's gf - ages 19, 18, 17, 14 & 10) are going in July to W Caribbean. First cruise for all of us. It is my graduation gift (nursing school).

My guys aren't go-go-go - they like adventure, but also like to be more slow-paced. So we're planning to do 2 really good excursions instead of one in every port. Maybe you can help us narrow it down to 2 of the best. I've seen pictures from others who made the same ports-of-call. One couple had an excursion where they were able to hold and play with baby monkeys. My guys are animal-crazy and would love that. I have no idea where it was, which excursion they went through, etc. Maybe you or someone else can find out! :)

I would love to know which port has the absolute best snorkeling for beginners - clear water, shallow, close-up easy-to-see fish and coral, etc. My husband and I are snorkelers but our guys have never gone. We would love for this to be a great beginning snorkeling trip for them.

We are on the Panorama deck. Is there a problem with movement up there? Are we more likely to get seasick? Any issues with noise on the higher decks?

What is fun for teenagers on the ship besides the Club 2-0 or whatever it's called? What sort of stuff do they have that is aimed at that set? How is the video arcade? Are the games free or pay-as-you-play?

What drinks are free? I know you have to buy a soda card if you want unlimited soda, but surely they offer something for free?

Where should we park (we're driving to Tampa from NC)? And we're staying in a hotel the night before we sail, and then for two nights after we return. Any suggestions for a big party of 7?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may have some answers!

Christy, Congrats on your graduation! This cruise is a wonderful way to celebrate! We did it last year and it was fantastic! I can help with some of your questions, but do't have teens, so not sure about those.

The baby monkeys are on Roatan. If you book a tour with Victor Bodden (boddentours dot com), you will get a driver for the day to do anything you like. They are very good and have gotten good reviews from many members. The monkeys (2) are at Victor Bodden's home, and you can choose that as a stop. They are very cute, but time with them is limited. I believe there is a Carnival tour that also goes to see monkeys somewhere else. Raotan is a beautiful island...very unspoiled by tourism. It is also VERY poor, but don't let that get you nervous...we found the people to be very nice and much less pushy than many islands. They do have a beach you can request to go to where you can snorkel from the beach. These are more touristy spots (on the West End). Unfortunately you don't get alot of time in this port, as you have to be back at the ship by 1:30 (if I remember correctly). Definitely take a tour here...it is well worth seeing before it becomes a tourist trap, and there is not much to do right around the ship.

In grand Cayman you can do a stingray and snorkel tour where you take a boat to stingray city and then get out and stand on a sandbar and interact with the rays. It is awesome...and they are very used to people, so not threatening.

Cozumel has lots to do and also a very nice port area. We went to Chankanaab (a marine park) and did a dolphin swim. Was the highlight of our trip! The park itself is beautiful and you can easily spend the day there. They also have snorkeling right there, a lagoon, a big pool with swim up bar, smaller replicas of Mayan ruins, gardens and open air restuarants with Mariachi singers. There are lockers and very nice changing facilities.

We stayed in port and wandered around in shops in Belize because our tour was cancelled. Very good snorkeling there because of the barrier reef, but you would go out to the ocean to do those.

We stayed on the Pnaorama Deck, a little aft of midship. We did not experience the nosie that some people complain about, nothing more than the occasional chair moving, which we only heard if we were on the balcony. I think most noise complaints come from people who are directly under the aft pool...lounges moving, etc.

You may also want to go to the Ports of Call threads and read what others have to say, if you haven't already.

You will have a great time! I LOVED this ship and the ports!!!:D

Christy, Congrats on your graduation! This cruise is a wonderful way to celebrate! We did it last year and it was fantastic! I can help with some of your questions, but do't have teens, so not sure about those.

The baby monkeys are on Roatan. If you book a tour with Victor Bodden (boddentours dot com), you will get a driver for the day to do anything you like. They are very good and have gotten good reviews from many members. The monkeys (2) are at Victor Bodden's home, and you can choose that as a stop. They are very cute, but time with them is limited. I believe there is a Carnival tour that also goes to see monkeys somewhere else. Raotan is a beautiful island...very unspoiled by tourism. It is also VERY poor, but don't let that get you nervous...we found the people to be very nice and much less pushy than many islands. They do have a beach you can request to go to where you can snorkel from the beach. These are more touristy spots (on the West End). Unfortunately you don't get alot of time in this port, as you have to be back at the ship by 1:30 (if I remember correctly). Definitely take a tour here...it is well worth seeing before it becomes a tourist trap, and there is not much to do right around the ship.

In grand Cayman you can do a stingray and snorkel tour where you take a boat to stingray city and then get out and stand on a sandbar and interact with the rays. It is awesome...and they are very used to people, so not threatening.

Cozumel has lots to do and also a very nice port area. We went to Chankanaab (a marine park) and did a dolphin swim. Was the highlight of our trip! The park itself is beautiful and you can easily spend the day there. They also have snorkeling right there, a lagoon, a big pool with swim up bar, smaller replicas of Mayan ruins, gardens and open air restuarants with Mariachi singers. There are lockers and very nice changing facilities.

We stayed in port and wandered around in shops in Belize because our tour was cancelled. Very good snorkeling there because of the barrier reef, but you would go out to the ocean to do those.

We stayed on the Pnaorama Deck, a little aft of midship. We did not experience the nosie that some people complain about, nothing more than the occasional chair moving, which we only heard if we were on the balcony. I think most noise complaints come from people who are directly under the aft pool...lounges moving, etc.

You may also want to go to the Ports of Call threads and read what others have to say, if you haven't already.

You will have a great time! I LOVED this ship and the ports!!!:D

Great information, thank you so much! Now we just have to process all the info we've gotten and decide what is most important to us. I have to tell you, it is not going to be easy to decide. The truth is I want to do everything that I've heard about. Zip lining, cave tubing, mayan ruins, snorkeling, rays, hanging out on the beach with a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand, waverunning, ALL OF IT. I only wish.

Thanks again for the great information. I love to be armed with knowledge before embarking (no pun intended) on any new adventures. One more question - what has been your favorite cruise of all (assuming you've been on multiple cruises)?

Thanks! :)

We stayed in 8169 and that was probably in the same vicinity. We didn't hear much of anything. Occasionally we would hear some chairs scraping on the floor, but that was rare, and we heard it when on the balcony, not in the room.

Have a great trip!!!!:D

We're right down from where you were - 8164, 8166, and our older teens have 8156. I need to quit worrying about what might be wrong and just plan to enjoy the crap out of everything!! ;)

Great information, thank you so much! Now we just have to process all the info we've gotten and decide what is most important to us. I have to tell you, it is not going to be easy to decide. The truth is I want to do everything that I've heard about. Zip lining, cave tubing, mayan ruins, snorkeling, rays, hanging out on the beach with a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand, waverunning, ALL OF IT. I only wish.

Thanks again for the great information. I love to be armed with knowledge before embarking (no pun intended) on any new adventures. One more question - what has been your favorite cruise of all (assuming you've been on multiple cruises)?

Thanks! :)

Yes, very hard to decide, and there are so many options, especially if you're considering independent tours (which I recommend!). Try to mix it up and do a little of everything....and you can do a beach day at 2 places and more active excursions the other 2...that way you can relax while still taking advantage of being on the islands!

The Legend was only my 3rd cruise, but by far my favorite! We're doing the exact same one next year...it was just that good!:D

Feel free to ask questions on here...there are many people with many experiences who are very willing to help out!:)

Oh and those are good rooms...on the opposite side of the ship from us, but same area....One nice thing is that you go up a flight of stairs and you're at the Lido deck, so ya don't have to wait for the elevators if you don't feel like it!

RE parking when you get to Tampa, if your hotel does not provide a shuttle and free parking while you're cruising, you'll most likely have to use the parking tower across the street from the cruise terminal. After you drop off your luggage just follow the signs.

RE seasickness, the Legend is a very stable ship even in rough seas, making it unlikely that anyone will be feel much motion on any deck, fore or aft.

RE snorkeling, there is also a great free snorkeling spot on Grand Cayman a few blocks to the right of the pier next to the small Eden Rock dive center, a low green-roofed building near Paradise Restaurant. This would be a nice place for beginners, especially. Although the area is not huge, the water is crystal clear and there are many fish to be seen. Equipment rentals as well as small lockers are available but not required. Just be SURE to wear sunscreen!

RE yoga, spinning and other gym classes, all classes on Carnival ships have fees, generally $10 to $15 per session.

RE free drinks on board, self-serve juices are available every morning at the Lido (Unicorn) buffet as well as upon request in the main (Truffles) dining room. At most other times of day, self-serve hot & iced tea, coffee, hot cocoa, lemonade and fruit punch are available in the Unicorn. You can fill up a travel cup if you want to. The iced tea on tap is definitely not fresh brewed and varies considerably in quality, but you can always make your own from hot tea poured over ice. When hot tea is requested either in Truffles or at the formal "Tea Time," the server will present a wooden box filled with several tempting varieties. Cartons of white and chocolate milk are available at meal times at the Unicorn. Milk is also served upon request (in a glass) in the Truffles dining room.

RE laundry services by the bag, there is usually a $15 per bag "special" but it is offered only early in the week when you probably don't have that much laundry to do yet on a seven day cruise.

RE a way to go to the front of the ship on the Legend, as on many ships these days the bow of the Legend is locked to passengers, probably due to liability issues. There is no way through via the Enchanted Forest; it's not that enchanted!:rolleyes:

RE snorkeling, there is also a great free snorkeling spot on Grand Cayman a few blocks to the right of the pier next to the small Eden Rock dive center, a low green-roofed building near Paradise Restaurant. This would be a nice place for beginners, especially. Although the area is not huge, the water is crystal clear and there are many fish to be seen. Equipment rentals as well as small lockers are available but not required. Just be SURE to wear sunscreen!

Is there a little piece of beach there as well? I want to snorkel, wife wants to sun bath!

Is there a little piece of beach there as well? I want to snorkel, wife wants to sun bath!

One of the entrances to the water is at a very small beach next to the restaurant, which also has a bathroom. Beach chairs are available at no charge if you rent equipment, otherwise about $5 to reserve a chair if it's crowded, which it generally isn't. Novice snorkeling is near the shallow shore and rocky areas; adventurous snorkelers can see more by swimming out to the reef. Wear a float vest if you're not particularly buoyant and be sure to ask for directions to the reef at the dive shop. FYI, you'll also see right away that the waterfront shopping area for Grand Cayman is right across the street from Eden Rock. All in all, this is a user friendly spot for everyone in the family. Not a bad place to spend a couple of hours.

whew!!! I have read all but about 10 pages of this thread (30-39) and have enjoyed it tremedously.

We've got an extended balcony forward on deck 5--longgggggg walk to aft pool area and food. I think that is a GOOD thing! Burn calories, burn! Every step counts.

Thanks for the posted links to capers! Hooray--since my bil is diabetic we have requested early dining and we were told 5:45 :eek: but I see it is listed as 6:00 in the capers! Yeah! every little bit helps--that means we can arrive 6:15ish without too much of a problem.

(the matri di on the Glory actually encouraged us to come to dinner 30 minutes late since he couldn't change us to a later seating)

Okay a couple of questions--

Has anyone done the airboat via CCL in Belize? ( I haven't checked the port of calls boards yet.) thought I 'd ask here 1st.

our cabin is starboard--what ports were you facing toward the port from the starboard side?

Thanks for links to posted reveiws and links to pictures. I have looked at all of them :D

The fun has just begun for the long months to wait.

Just got back this weekend!!! a really awesome shore excursion is the Canopy tour and gumbalimba park in Honduras!!!

you zipline thru the jungle and then they take u to play with those baby monkeys u saw!! HAPPY CRUISIN!!!

Thanks! Did you book through Carnival, or an independent?

Thanks! Did you book through Carnival, or an independent?

From what I have read you can only get into Gumbalimba booking throught the ship. Point man please correct me if I am wrong. We are thinking of going to the park also to see the monkeys:D

Does the Legend have the fish and chips bar like the Spirit? Has anyone stayed in 4228 Aft, hows the motion?

Spirit, nor any of the other Spirit class ships such as the Legend have a Fish n Chips venue. That's on the Conquest class ships.

From what I have read you can only get into Gumbalimba booking throught the ship. Point man please correct me if I am wrong. We are thinking of going to the park also to see the monkeys:D

I believe you're right about Gumbalimba needing to be booked as a Carnival Excursion. We went with Victor Bodden's guide and he took us to Victor's house as one of the stops...Victor has some animals, including 2 little spider monkeys you can hold. Very cute, but you don't really spend much time there (nor should you with such a beautiful island to explore!):D