Recent Zuiderdam Western cruisers...

stillfrantic

It has been our experience that it can change. On our last cruise, it changed three times. We asked Ship Services - they normally have a general idea; we then asked at the front desk when we boarded and were told something different, then were notified by front desk staff that it had changed yet again.

On our Western on the Zui, the concierge was able to make our Pinnacle reservation for the correct Dutch night.

We don't mind the Dutch food, but there are so many other things we hate to miss in the dining room, Dutch night is usually one we don't mind foregoing.

I do believe it was the third night for us which would have been after the Cozumel port visit.

I might add that I did not think the food was bad. It just had funny names but if you read the decriptions it was easy to figure out what it was.

Now those hats that they gave us to wear.......they were bad.

i beleive that it is generally key west night, sunday night...

however on my july 10th sailing due to the itinerary change, we had formal night on key west night and dutch night on monday night, our cozumel overnight night.

but i was told by the front desk that unless there is some last minute change, they plan on dutch night being on sunday night. with formal nights on monday and thursday night.

Yes, the hats are ours to keep. We have a VERY large collection of Dutch hats. :)

Until recently, stewards used to paint the most beautiful designs on the Dutch hats for the ladies commemorating our cruises. We have at least 50 of these fabulous hats. The bartenders and bar stewards are so artistic and spent so much of their free time making these hats as gifts for pax. It is rare these days when we see a "painted hat". Too bad...it was a wonderful tradition and many of them are truly gorgeous and worthy of framing.

Well if it is Sunday night then we have reservations for Thursday for nothing. Our friend called to set up reservations for Dutch Night and when the call came back they said Dutch Night was to be Thursday and that the Captain had the right to make it whatever day he wanted. Which is fine with us just so it is Dutch night. I quess we might have to change it once we are on the ship. Jean called a certain number Stillfrantic do you want me to get you that number for you?

Toma

Archived