Imagination or Fascination?

I would go with the 4 day fascination if possible...the ship was re-done in October 2006, and looked great. Also, you can get very good 4-day rates since they run from monday-friday. However, if you work during the week, it might be best to just go for a 7 day since your missing the entire work-week anyways. :-P

If not, the imagination does 4 day thursday-monday runs also.

Hope this helped!

My vote is for the Fascination. We took our very first cruise on her in Feb and it was great! :) Ship was easy to navigate, very clean, service tremendous. Enjoyed Key West and Cozumel. Did the Dolphin Encounter at Chankanab in Cozumel. One of the most awesome things I have ever done!

Imagination, I was on her 8/05, and I had a ball. Loved the ship, the food, the people, and the staff. How was Valor?

Which is part of the problem, I sailed her only months after she entered service and think I got spoiled. :rolleyes:

Does any one know which of these ships is the training ship. We missed the galley tour on the Inspiration, but our table mates told us that the maitre d' mentioned that a few of the older smaller ships are training ships for dining staff/kitchen staff. Does anyone know about this (I think one was either the imagination or fascination)

We sailed the Fascination in late March. Our first 4-day cruise which was nice. Stops are Calica and Key West. The Fascination was very nice...not too large but with the renovations, a good choice for us. We did not do a tour in Calica (Playa Del Carmen) but heard that the Tulum tour was fabulous. On our galley tour, we heard that the wait staff was trained on the crew prior to coming upstairs to the dining room. Service was outstanding in all areas in our opinion. Sailing out of Miami was a breeze since we had sailed our of MIA in March 2003.

Don't know if it's the whole ship but there were 3 waiters training on our Imagination cruise last month. As waiters were doing well as entertainment were a couple beats behind lol I thought it made it funnier.

I was on the Fascination and highly recommend it. Check out my review and photos (links below). We were on in December 06, also after the refurbishment.

Can you confirm something for me. I was reading this post from Bearsfan13 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10075723#post10075723#27 and it said the Fascination had one of those big movie screens on it.

I looked at your pictures and looked at some Capers from November and there was no mention of any movie screen?

Could you shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks

Bill

I just got off the Imagination yesterday. Had a blast! Would recommend her in a heartbeat. She was my very cruise. I cruised on her maiden voyage in 1995, so she was bright and new then. She still looks great, and she's going into drydock in the fall...she'll be one of the first ones to get the new "Evolutions of Fun"...perfect for the kiddos.

Here's my review...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=550537

How was your Triumph cruise?

Oh, just saw you had a review in your signature!

Thats on the Freedom. The deck lay out is not even the same as the Fascination.. Sorry now movie screen :(

I did Fascination in 2003, and planning on sailing her again in Aug. So I'm looking forward to the changes.... :D

Archived