Hotel or Motel in Charleston

lindanick

Here's a link to Choice Hotel options starting in the Charleston peninsula and working up toward Goose Creek. If you've never been to Charleston, it's basically 4 seperate areas, starting with the Charleston peninsula, then N. Charleston, then Goose Creek and Summerville. The Charleston Port Authority cruise terminal is in donwtown Charleston, Patriots Point (nice museum, hotels and golf) is in Mt. Pleasant, across the river from Charleston, the airport/AFB is in N. Charleston. You'll have to call the individual hotels to find out about Park & Cruise, and I doubt that there are shuttles to the pier, but you never know.

If you're military, there's an option to try and get lodging at the AFB Inns of Charleston or at Foster Creek Villa's on the Naval Weapons Station.

I am looking for a hotel or motel in the Charleston area that we can stay pre cruise and maybe even park the car there.

Any options?

Linda

Linda, if you are spending any time at all I highly suggest staying downtown. You will not find free parking but there is parking at the cruise terminal.

All of downtown Charleston is walkable and it is the prettiest city in the US!

• 2 weeks later...

I am staying in Charleston on May 27, 2007 at Springhill Suites in downtown Charleston. I just talked to them and they are willing to let us leave our vehicle there without any additional cost. I did not ask if there was a shuttle or not. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Wingate Inn, in North Charleston, the night before departure. New, clean, easy access in safe location near Tanger Mall. Nice deal from them: free parking, 2 queen beds, complimentary cocktails 5-7, free round-trip shuttle to port, free breakfast............all for 99.00. Susan was our contact.

You have to book thru their local phone number. The 800 number won't be able to do it.

We also stayed at the Radisson North Charleston, and do NOT recommend it. OUr shuttle to the port was late (our reservation was for 11:30, we actually got on the shuttle at 1:30). Coming back, we would have had to wait over 1 hour in the sun, on the street with our luggage to get back to the hotel. We gave up and paid for a taxi.

Archived