Us Immigration Green Card

I am coming to the US in late August, I have been devouring the Air NZ pages to make sure we have all our T's crossed and I's dotted. There is just one thing that is worrying me now. Complicated process, last year when we sailed down through the Pacific, the green immigration piece of paper we were given in our passports was to be given up at the last US port. This port was Pago Pago, I doubt if many of you have even heard of this outpost of the US dynesty.

We were told to hand these into the Front Office on the Statendam. However I have absolsutely no proof that these were passed over to the necessary US official. How do I find out if HAL did complete this task as we have not been given any proof that they did?

Should this not have happened, we will be turfed out on our ears, not allowed to enter. The possibility of this happening does really bother me, you naively hand over something really important and then some months later suddenly realise the consequences of what it would mean if the ship let you down. :confused:

I am coming to the US in late August, I have been devouring the Air NZ pages to make sure we have all our T's crossed and I's dotted. There is just one thing that is worrying me now. Complicated process, last year when we sailed down through the Pacific, the green immigration piece of paper we were given in our passports was to be given up at the last US port. This port was Pago Pago, I doubt if many of you have even heard of this outpost of the US dynesty.

We were told to hand these into the Front Office on the Statendam. However I have absolsutely no proof that these were passed over to the necessary US official. How do I find out if HAL did complete this task as we have not been given any proof that they did?

Should this not have happened, we will be turfed out on our ears, not allowed to enter. The possibility of this happening does really bother me, you naively hand over something really important and then some months later suddenly realise the consequences of what it would mean if the ship let you down. :confused:

I believe the form you are speaking of is a Form I-426 TWOV (transit without a visa). I had the same concern when traveling recently with my wife. She had to surrender her I-94 (she is from a country that needs a visa to travel to the US). Upon our return, she was given a new I-94 when going through Immigration (meaning that the old I-94 was indeed turned in by the cruise line. As I did, you too do have a valid concern. What I did in case something were to happen, I made a photo copy of that form prior to our cruise. I hope this helps.

I believe the form you are speaking of is a Form I-426 TWOV (transit without a visa). I had the same concern when traveling recently with my wife. She had to surrender her I-94 (she is from a country that needs a visa to travel to the US). Upon our return, she was given a new I-94 when going through Immigration (meaning that the old I-94 was indeed turned in by the cruise line. As I did, you too do have a valid concern. What I did in case something were to happen, I made a photo copy of that form prior to our cruise. I hope this helps.

Thanks for that, i dosen't really help as we passed the form to the Front Office back in October. It will be one of those things that irritate me till I get safely into the US. We are coming up there to visit our son in DC. Air NZ are adament that if this form has not been passed in there is no way you will be admitted to the states. Yep its a concern, but I am probably worrying for nothing, there were a hec of a lot of us that were not US or Canadian citizens on this particular repo cruise.

Archived