Waitlisted for Bungalow....Chances?

Pusniski

I'm still waitlisted for a Bungalow for what seems like a near capacity sailing. Is there any chance of availability once I get onboard or it's probably not going to happen at this late date? I'm on a Memorial Day sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! My waitlist came through! :D 8 days to go and counting.....

I checked last week and it wasn't in there, but I popped in a few minutes ago and it said confirmed. :) So waitlist do come through! :cool:

I love Princess!

I checked last week and it wasn't in there, but I popped in a few minutes ago and it said confirmed. :) So waitlist do come through! :cool:

I love Princess!

Good for you! People must book them quick and then think about the price and cancel! LOL Or Princess is holding them back!

On another thread, I read about someone being waitlisted for the bungalow and it didn't come open until they were on their cruise. Apparently someone had filled in "4" meaning 4 people in a bungalow, and Princess thought it meant they wanted to reserve 4 bungalows...that woulda been an expensive day at the Cays. So for those waitlisted people...3 others got their wish while on the ship. Good luck to you.

I love Princess!

Good for you! I'm on the June 3rd sailing and still waitlisted. As of yesterday anyway. :(

Pia

I agree that people book them right at the mark but do second guess their choice because of price. OTH it's quite possible Princess holds a few back. I've always wondered if Princess holds a few back so people that don't have internet access get a chance to get one when they get on the ship.

Why do people love the bungalows? Some think it's worth it and some don't. It's a small building with A/C, table and chairs and I believe they will serve you lunch for an additional fee. For us, it'll be a good respite from the heat momentarily without having to go back to the ship. There are some pictures around here so just search bungalows and you'll find them. ;)

Pia - I hope your's comes through, too!!!!

There actually aren't any additional fees for having wait service at the bungalow (I guess Princess feels that $199 is sufficient, lol). One of the nicer things about them is that they are on the far end of the beach and away from the crowd, restrooms etc

There actually aren't any additional fees for having wait service at the bungalow (I guess Princess feels that $199 is sufficient, lol). One of the nicer things about them is that they are on the far end of the beach and away from the crowd, restrooms etc

Wow! :D I thought I read somewhere that there was a charge for bringing lunch to you, but I'm super happy that there isn't.

I agree that people book them right at the mark but do second guess their choice because of price. OTH it's quite possible Princess holds a few back. I've always wondered if Princess holds a few back so people that don't have internet access get a chance to get one when they get on the ship.

Pia - I hope your's comes through, too!!!!

I can't see Princess holding back; there are only SIX! Thanks for the wishes.

Boy was I lucky! I just happened to be checking the cruise pesonalizer when the shore excursions for my cruise were made available. Two bungalows were already gone. I jumped at the chance to get one. By the next day, they were waitlisted. I look forward to having a haven from the sun and heat, getting served so we don't have to stand on long lines, and having priority tendering. The only thing that would make this better were if the bungalows had their own private bathroom facilities. I heard a rumor that this may be in the works along with more bungalows. We shall see.

I really think people know there are not many of these and go in ASAP after they open and book one even though they are not really sure if they want one or not. Then they make their decisions about keeping it later.

They do not hold back at all with serving you when you have a bungalow. We had a couple of additional people from our group join us and they were very eager to bring additional chairs, dinnerware, etc. You're correct that private restrooms for the bungalow area would be nice but trust me when I say you will appreciate the bungalow more when you go use the restrooms and see that the buffet for those w/o bungalows is located right next to the restrooms. There also is a nice little swimming area right in front of the bungalows that made us feel like we had our own private beach. The snorkeling wasn't the greatest there but those of us that put their beach chair down there didn't seem to mind :) Enjoy the bungalow!

I'm still waitlisted for a Bungalow for what seems like a near capacity sailing. Is there any chance of availability once I get onboard or it's probably not going to happen at this late date? I'm on a Memorial Day sailing.

Just back from May 6, 07 cruise. Was on a waitlist for a bunglow and the week prior to sailing l was checking status in cruise personalzer and found we were no longer on waitlist. We got a bunglow and it was great. I just wished that Princess had notified me by e-mail.:p

I really think people know there are not many of these and go in ASAP after they open and book one even though they are not really sure if they want one or not. Then they make their decisions about keeping it later.

That's what I just did...not sure if we will use it, but I went ahead and reserved it as excursions just became available on our 9-30 CB cruise.

Just back from May 6, 07 cruise. Was on a waitlist for a bunglow and the week prior to sailing l was checking status in cruise personalzer and found we were no longer on waitlist. We got a bunglow and it was great. I just wished that Princess had notified me by e-mail.:p

They don't need to notify you when you get off the waitlist, since the tickets (in this case priority tender tix) will be in your cabin when you get there. Would have been a nice surprise if you hadn't checked the personalizer.

Pia (still waitlisted with 12 days to go)

Archived