Charge for zip line in labadee when it opens?

allsettocruise

I think it's a foregone conclusion that there absolutely will be a charge for the ziplines, just as there are charges for virtually every other activity at Labadee. How much it will be, I don't know... but I'll be interested to find out.

I was at Labadee three weeks ago and thought the ziplines looked pretty cool. I've done a full canopy zipline tour in Puerto Vallarta, but I think I'd still give the Labadee lines a shot, just because coming down over the water parallel to the beach looks like it would be a lot of fun. I'll probably make it back to Labadee in January 2008, so I think I'll have to add that to my list of things to do that day.

Thanks, good catch!

I posted there with a recent picture to clarify a bit about what kind of zipline it was, since some posters were thinking it was like a zipline canopy tour at other locations.

Also, the price is pretty steep for just one run... although I can't say I'm really surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the basics

Dragon's Breath Flight Line

Come test the tradewinds on Labadee's Dragon's Breath Flight Line, the longest flight line in the world over water. Enjoy breathtaking views, as you zip down at speeds of 40-50 mph. Minimum height to participate is 60 inches. Minimum weight 75 lbs, maximum weight 275 lbs.

Come test the tradewinds on Labadee's Dragon's Breath Flight Line. After a flight briefing and orientation, test your mettle on our shorter "Little Dragon" flight line. Then experience a short drive in our custom-made safari vehicles to the take-off point for the Dragon's Breath, 500 feet above the beaches of Labadee. At over 2,600 feet long, this is the longest flight line in the world over water. Enjoy breathtaking views, as you zip down the flight line at speeds of 40-50 mph. Your flight lands at Dragon's Breath Rock where your adventure began. The minimum height to participate is 60 inches (5 feet). Minimum weight 75 lbs, maximum weight 275 lbs.

Cost is $65

Excursion 1 hr 15 minutes

BonVoyage

Dawna

We went on the new zipline and it was AWESOME and AMAZING!! We were on the Mariner right after drydock, May 6th and the morning we were in Labadee the cruise director announced that they were opening the Zip line TODAY! We were the second group to go up and I must say it's quite intimidating when you do get up to the "big one." That day they only charged $59, which was a steal. We agree that we would have paid $79 in a heartbeat!

Have fun!!

Archived