uniworld egypt cruise

letteanne

We took this cruise in Feb. Aside from not taking extraday or two post cruise, it was more than I expected. Our guide was Akrem---very knowledgeable young man. Our hotel in Cairo was the Marriott--a vertiable osasis--the restaurants were wonderful. We shared the boat with 2 other tour groups. We were only 32 with Uniworld. The shore excursions were wonderful. Unlike other Uniworld cruises our guide remained with us the entire trip. The boat while not new was immaculate--something was always being cleaned. Can't say enough about using only bottled water--even to brush teeth. The added expense of the trip to AbuSimbel was worth every penny. The scenery on the Nile made us feel like we were in a time warp.

Only draw back on the boat--the beds were rock hard.

Will be happy to try to answer any other questions, Pat

PACMOM, THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

Planning on going DEC. 17, 2007.

? WEATHER

? ELECTRIC CONVERTER'S

? FOOD

? SHOES

Yes we are doing all the optional tour's, including Jordan, for the new year.

As we went in Feb, have no idea about weather in Dec. Clothes---all tours are right after breakfast. I had 2 lite weight long sleeve, gauzy shirts that I wore over my t-shirts. Dinner was quite casual. Food---all meals served buffet style, the choices were quite varied--always offering some type of egyptian food. The staff could always explain what was in each dish. Always have your eggs well cooked. These were cautions given by Akrem. The worst meal was the "candlelite dinner". We were given a choice of steak or seafood--neither was palatable. Shoes--just took a pair of good walking shoes and a pair of sandals to wear on board ship. Pat

• 3 weeks later...

PAT,

More questions - Egypt Uniworld?

? Best Splurge

? Don"t miss

? Don't bother

? Best Souvenir

? Best gift's to bring home ( I sensed you like to shop.)

? Wish you would have packed

? Laundry service

? Tipping USD or Pound

? Do river/market venders take USD

? Cell phone service

? Bathroom on boat - are they like the European River Boats

? Bathrooms on tour

? Regret not buying or doing

THANK YOU

Letteanne

Letteanne,

Here goes!!

Best splurge and don't miss----Abu Simbel

Don't bother--drinking the wine on the boat-only Egyptian very raw tasting

Best souvenir--my catrouche, these were also the best souvenirs--small and light weight. Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you our source.momcooney@woh.rr.com

Gifts--as above

Wish Id packed--less because the laundry on the ship was so inexpensive---6 US$ for 2 pair capris and about 10 t-shirts

Tipping--we used US$, but you could use Egyptian pounds.

All vendors would take US$, but you get a better price bargaining in Egyptian pounds

Have no info re: cell phones

Bathroom on boat--full size tub--extremely small room--really only one at a time

Bathroom on tours--there was one on the bus. Akrem (our guide always found good western style bathrooms.

Regrets. not spending a few extra days in Cairo on our own to enjoy the Souk and other places we didn't have time for. I wish I had bought some of the beautiful white cotton shirts about $10US. Just didn't want them then.

Hope this helps. Pat

Archived