Any food available late night/eary morning around Denali?

jengwen

I ended up taking a later flight than planned, so now will get into Anchorage at 6:30pm on Sunday. I will immediately pick up the rental car and start my drive to Healy. I figure it will be around midnight by the time I get there. I am on the 6am Denali shuttle the next day. Will anything be open either that night or early that morning where I can buy some food for breakfast or lunch on the shuttle? If not, I guess I will have to pick it up in Anchorage before my journey or bring something from home.

You are running on a very tight schedule. Perhaps consider a later shuttle? The drive will require you to be very aware of moose on the road- over 300 hits so far, 2 deaths. AND no "street lights". Best would be a stop in Anchorage before you go- at Carr's or Fred Meyer. Since you are staying at a B&B?- I assume since you are in Healy?? They can also pack a lunch for you most likely?

Thanks for the advice. I will indeed be staying in Healy. I will have to call and see if they can pack me a lunch. With my late check-in, I wasn't sure. I was thinking of taking a later shuttle, but figured I'd just leave things as is. I will be there the day of the solstice, so I figure the drive won't be too bad since it should be light out the whole time. Plus, I will be coming off 6 hours of sleep on the plane (I'm one of those fortunate plane sleepers icon_smile.gif), so I figure I will be rarin' to go.

Archived