BOB Underwater Scooter

ppfqp

We are very interested in trying this on our St. Thomas stop in December. I was wondering: do you need to wear a wetsuit? I've looked at the photos and video on the website and it looks like some of the people are wearing them. Thanks for any info!

No you don't wear wetsuits. It is fantastic! Have done this in St. Thomas and in Cozumel. Take an underwater camera and they will gladly take your pic for you. Any other ?'s about it?

Becky

Thanks for the info. We are interested in doing this in St. Thomas. Do they take you out by boat? If so, what kind? How many people are in a group? How long does the experience take, start to finish? Is it good for kids? Mine are 12 -- strong swimmers, love the water, have snorkeled before.

We are very intrigued by this idea! Thanks again for any details or info.

They take you out by boat. We had about 15 people in our group. They let us down in a group of five. You climb down a ladder and have to duck your head under the water and come up inside the helmut. They give you instructions on hand signs and how to operate the BOB. We were down for about 20 minutes. It doesn't seem like you are going very fast but when I watched the floats ontop they were zipping around. They have divers in the water with you. They will pick up things( like sea urchins) from the bottom and show you. It was great! Your kids will love it! We had one in our group that didn't swim and she loved it! Make sure to take an underwater camera!

Becky

How do you book this? Their website has a guest book to sign in but it's very confusing to get contact info. We are on RC's Adventure of the Seas in August and would love to do this. Any info you can give me would be great!

They didn't used to take reservations except through the ship. The 2 times I did it I had to go through the ship. Booked it once on the Golden Princess and no one else booked it. The shore director hooked us up with people from the Destiny. Vey nice of her!

Becky

We went last week and would highly recommend. It was wonderful. There were about 25 on the boat. We were divided into 4 groups. They do ask if you are pregant of a diabetic. We were out for a total of 3 hours. We snorkeled, too. Saw some sting rays and a baracuda.

He has drinks such as box drinks and snack such as cookies, peanut butter crackers, and chips. The only place I saw you could book them was through the cruise ship.

We went last week and would highly recommend. It was wonderful. There were about 25 on the boat. We were divided into 4 groups. They do ask if you are pregant of a diabetic. We were out for a total of 3 hours. We snorkeled, too. Saw some sting rays and a baracuda.

He has drinks such as box drinks and snack such as cookies, peanut butter crackers, and chips. The only place I saw you could book them was through the cruise ship.

Thanks for the info!

Are we all talking about the same excursion? I have a website for BOB (Breathing Observation Bubble), http://www.bobunderwateradventure.com but RCCL's excursion is calling it BOSS Underwater Adventure.

Which have you RC cruisers done? I'm really confused:confused: :)

After 5 cruises, this is my favorite excursion. I used to be very afraid of the water and this helped me to get over that fear. The crew on the boat were a lot of fun and they did a great job keeping a wide range of people happy. We had younger couples, older couples and families.

We got great pics during our BOB. Our divers would take out some fish food in front of us and we got to ride with the fish. I turned my camera over to one of the divers and he took some very funny pics of us. After the BOB we were able to enjoy some time snorkeling, then we had rum punch and cookies.

I am looking forward to getting back to St Thomas to BOB again.

Call and aske RCCL about booking. I understood your cruise need to be paid in full before you can book excursions. When I booked BOSS on line, I was given only one time. I am not sure if it was the only time offered or others had been booked.

Call and aske RCCL about booking. I understood your cruise need to be paid in full before you can book excursions. When I booked BOSS on line, I was given only one time. I am not sure if it was the only time offered or others had been booked.

Thanks for the info. My trip is already paid for, so I'll give them a call. Have a great time on your cruise and I look forward to hearing all about it.

• 3 weeks later...

We were told by a crewmember that there was a feud between the original designers and no more are being built. Due to these complications the name was changed to BOSS, but the local operation is supposedly working on their own version. Good idea since my wife's scooter quit almost immediately and the diver pushed her through. Since there was another scooter and time, she also followed that with a "real" ride!

We just got back from this excursion. My husband, daughter and I loved it. I was worried about my daughter, 11. She did better than I did. There were a couple girls smaller than her. One was kneeling on the scooter so her head was in the bubble. It was alot of fun and it seemed like everyone on our boat was happy with the excursion. They took 12 down at a time and while they were down, we could snorkel until our turn. I would recommend this excursion. It was alot of fun. Any question??? Feel free to ask.

Jeanne

Jeanne,

We are booked to do this on our upcoming cruise..I am a little worried about being under for 30 minutes. Did it seem that long? I am not really clausterphobic but I also haven't been under water for that long:o .

TxStacey,

Time flew by. 30 minutes seemed like 15 minutes. I thought I would be cold, but the water temperature was nice and if we could have, we would have loved to stay down longer. When are you going, are you on princess?

Jeanne

TxStacey,

Time flew by. 30 minutes seemed like 15 minutes. I thought I would be cold, but the water temperature was nice and if we could have, we would have loved to stay down longer. When are you going, are you on princess?

Jeanne

No, were on the Carnival Glory..Thanks for the info.

Archived