FCC on Multiple Cabin Booking

jacksan1

We have a cruise coming up, and are planning to book a 2008 cruise during the cruise, taking advantage of the FCC system. For that 2008 cruise, though, we will need as many as four cabins, because both my wife and my own families will join up. Is the FCC of $100 applicable even if we book multiple cabins? Would it be a $100 deposit per cabin (or per two persons booked per cabin)? :confused:

I cannot see any reason why Princess will not want anyone to book more than one cabin by extending the same FCC benefits to a multi-cabin booking, but just wanted to hear from anyone who may have experience. Thanks in advance!

It is one FCC for each person who is on the current cruise, at least in my experience. Earlier this year my mother and I were on the Grand and booked a cruise for later in the year on the Star, a trip we will take with my two sisters. Only my mother and I get the FCC to the best of my knowledge.

For some reason I made sure we were each booked in a separate cabin (each sharing with one of my sisters) but right now I can't remember why that was... If I do remember, I'll post!

I think the conditions on the FCC specifically state that it is applicable to just one cabin, and only to the first two people booked in that cabin. I don't think FCC's can be transferred to bookings for others, either. Net result is that you will pay the regular deposits for your remaining cabins.

But, don't get upset. Princess often has $100 booking periods with OBC's that are similar. An on-line site I was looking at earlier has just such a promo starting today, and lasting for a week. All you have to do is look around and find them.

We have a cruise coming up, and are planning to book a 2008 cruise during the cruise, taking advantage of the FCC system. For that 2008 cruise, though, we will need as many as four cabins, because both my wife and my own families will join up. Is the FCC of $100 applicable even if we book multiple cabins? Would it be a $100 deposit per cabin (or per two persons booked per cabin)? :confused:

I cannot see any reason why Princess will not want anyone to book more than one cabin by extending the same FCC benefits to a multi-cabin booking, but just wanted to hear from anyone who may have experience. Thanks in advance!

We were told that you can buy as many as you want. They are happy to take your $$!;)

Jan

Having re-read my original posting, I realize that I have a pretty convoluted one! :o I think I mixed up the FCC and deposit. I think I understand how the FCC works now. What about the deposit? Is the deposit special ($100) extended to all the cabins in a single multi-cabin booking if booked during a cruise? In other words, if we get one cabin for a $100 deposit, could we reserve, say, three more cabins at the same time for a $100 deposit each, or would those three cabins require a regular deposit?

Thanks again for your help!

In other words, if we get one cabin for a $100 deposit, could we reserve, say, three more cabins at the same time for a $100 deposit each, or would those three cabins require a regular deposit?
In my experience, no. We recently booked seven cabins for next summer and were able to use the FCCs only for those of us who had FCCs to use, i.e., four out of the 12 of us traveling.

What I have done in the past, I took out 2 FCC- one in my name and guest and one in my husband's name and guest. We would have 2 cabins booked with the $100 deposit and onboard credits. Once we were on board, we went to the Purser's desk and changed cabins.

You could book 2 FCC and ask for the Share the Wealth Certifcates for the others. They wouldn't get the low deposit but would have the onboard credit.

Archived