Anyone ever go to the food & wine paring in the supper club?

Sandi149

Has anyone ever gone to the food and wine pairing in the supper clubs? Is it any good? Do they actually let you taste the wine? Is it worth paying the extra $10 to do this? How long does it last?

Thanks. :)

Hi Sandi - All I've ever seen on our cruises is wine tasting. They didn't have it on Liberty and we missed it on Legend (they only held it once), but two years ago we did the wine tasting on Conquest. It was really very nice - they held it three times (each sea day), and featured different countries at each. There were four wines total - two whites and two reds - with crackers and fruit as palate cleansers. Each serving of wine was about half of a regular glass. It lasted about 45 minutes, and the sommelier was very interesting to listen to - aside from discussing the wines, she went through the different types of wine glasses being used for the tasting. For me, it was well worth the money.

It depends on how much you already know about wine; I was disappointed. The info was mediocre at best (nothing you couldn't pick up from a basic Wine 101 internet page), but the worst part was that this was supposed to be a blind testing and the sommeliers mixed up the cabernet sauvignon with the merlot. I knew the difference and explained the mix up to my tablemates so they wouldn't be recieving wrong info, but as for others who didn't know any better...

It depends on how much you already know about wine; I was disappointed. The info was mediocre at best (nothing you couldn't pick up from a basic Wine 101 internet page), but the worst part was that this was supposed to be a blind testing and the sommeliers mixed up the cabernet sauvignon with the merlot. I knew the difference and explained the mix up to my tablemates so they wouldn't be recieving wrong info, but as for others who didn't know any better...

I know a little bit....not that much. I will have to see if I want to do it or not.

Archived