Hotel recommendations in Ft Lauderdale

Seayalater

The best place we have stayed in is what used to be called the Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott, close to the cruise terminal. I have booked in there for our next cruise in February 2008 (the company changed--can't remember the new name but it is on the internet). It was always great, because you could walk around the boardwalk looking at all the yachts which were being outfitted for their next expedition! Also, you were very close to a water taxi terminal which made sightseeing much easier. Previously, when we were staying there, the hotel bus just took you over to the cruise terminal on your departure day. There is a great bar overlooking the inland waterway where you can have lunch, and where we were lucky enough to see the Queen Mary coming in! You are literally a stone's throw away from the ships, but the most important thing is that you are on the inland waterway and getting a wonderful view of Fort Lauderdale!

Make sure you check a map for the motel location. We once had a TA book a "nearby" motel just down the beach a mile or two, and ended up paying all the money we saved on taxi fare to the pier, passing the more upscale Princess recommended hotels on the way. :(

hotel on 17th street is where we stay in FLL, it is recommended by Princess & if you check Hotwire.com & look for the 3 star hotel this is the one you get:) . Much less expensive than booking thru Princess. check out east coast departures & see for your self.

Jan

I got the Renaissance (on 17th st) last year on Hotwire for $114.00 plus taxes & fees. However, it was listed as a 4* downtown/las olas hotel. I know it also is the only 4* for downtown on priceline. Right now I'm not having any luck with either.

Janet

I got the Renaissance (on 17th st) last year on Hotwire for $114.00 plus taxes & fees. However, it was listed as a 4* downtown/las olas hotel. I know it also is the only 4* for downtown on priceline. Right now I'm not having any luck with either.

Janet

Janet you are right, I said 3*, but it is a 4* in Las Olas. If you keep looking on Hotwire the price will come down. Last I looked it was $245 & that is still cheaper than a booking thru Princess, but I think our total bill for one night in Feb, 2008 was $135.00. They charge your credit card right away, too....not when you check in, so keep a record in case of hurricane/fire or whatever could cause this hotel to close.

Jan

Archived