A Sad Sad Day----almost!!!

Well it happened AGAIN!! I got a call from Carnival today, and was told that my PVP had left the company. This is the second time in 3 yrs that this has happened. Stressful each time, for I am a high maintenance passenger.

Well like my title says, it was almost a day lost in sadness. I asked my new PVP if she would be my permanent one, and she said no. OK, so now I'm getting real bummed out. Then she put down the good news. She empathized with my loss, and for reasons unknown to me, she extended generosity. She knocked off 160.00 from my rate for my cruise in January. Now I've already been upgraded from a IS GA to a category 6B at no charge, and then this.

This is why I love Carnival!! They surprise you with great benefits like these, when they are totally unexpected. I never asked for a discount, but it was given anyways. WTG carnival!!!!

Well it happened AGAIN!! I got a call from Carnival today, and was told that my PVP had left the company. This is the second time in 3 yrs that this has happened. Stressful each time, for I am a high maintenance passenger.

Well like my title says, it was almost a day lost in sadness. I asked my new PVP if she would be my permanent one, and she said no. OK, so now I'm getting real bummed out. Then she put down the good news. She empathized with my loss, and for reasons unknown to me, she extended generosity. She knocked off 160.00 from my rate for my cruise in January. Now I've already been upgraded from a IS GA to a category 6B at no charge, and then this.

This is why I love Carnival!! They surprise you with great benefits like these, when they are totally unexpected. I never asked for a discount, but it was given anyways. WTG carnival!!!!

That is great news, but do you HONESTLY think it is because your PVP left the company ? Puleeeeeeeeze : )

That is great news, but do you HONESTLY think it is because your PVP left the company ? Puleeeeeeeeze : )

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe there is just nice people left in the world at these companies that are truly there for the customer and not the almighty dollar. Like I said earlier, we had already been upgraded pretty good before this happened, and for this to now happen, it just shows what great people Carnival has working for them.

Ya know funny you should mention this

A group of friends and I were booking our Destiny cruise for Oct. last week. This is the first cruise we have booked as Vacation Club members .

I had gotten an e mail from one of my friends that he had called the Vacation club number and spoken with a "John Smith" and he had made arrangements for 4 Cat A Balcony cabins for all 4 couples and a table for 8 for 8pm in the dining room.

All each of us had to do was call him at his extension and give him our membership number and tell them we were part of such and such group.

For 2 days I called , dialed his Ext # , got his voice mail , left a message. Never heard back from him.

Finally two days later I call the Vacation Club number and just press the number to book a cruise. I spoke with a very nice lady and explained the situation and she told me that "John Smith" no longer worked there , but she would be happy to help. Was able to look up all the info that he had discussed with my buddy and by the end of the day all of us had contacted her and had our cabins booked all near eachother and our table for 8 requested.

She could not have been nicer and friendlier and not only helped with this cruise , but was more than happy to answer questions about a few upcoming trips we are planningt on booking

Kept her ext # and hours and will be looking forward to booking with her again

This is timely, I just phoned to discuss something on my upcoming cruise with my PVP and have been advised that she is no longer there.

After being given a new local to phone I apparently have been assigned the PVP from HELL!!, none of the arrangements made with my previous PVP are transfered to the new one nor are any commitments made regarding the guarantee pricing.

If anyone knows how to go about getting a PVP you can talk to I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks Tom

Their Vacation Club and point system has been declared a disaster and are no longer offering this. People who still have points left are able to redeem them. I do not know this for a fact myself, but two of our best friends who we cruise with regularly and belonged to the club told us this. Somehow this vacation club was not all ethical and dealt with people in different ways. They SHOULD be helping those who belonged to this club and are trying to use their points. As far as your PVP goes, you should get a TA you trust in your local area and go with them. At least you would have someone outside of Carnival fighting for you when things go wrong.

This is timely, I just phoned to discuss something on my upcoming cruise with my PVP and have been advised that she is no longer there.

After being given a new local to phone I apparently have been assigned the PVP from HELL!!, none of the arrangements made with my previous PVP are transfered to the new one nor are any commitments made regarding the guarantee pricing.

If anyone knows how to go about getting a PVP you can talk to I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks Tom

Just remember, it is YOUR money you are spending and the PVP works for YOU! If you are not happy with a particular PVP, do not use them!!! They

get paid partially based on the number of cruises they sell and why help them get a bigger pay check if they are not working to make your cruise

experience the best it can be.

Carnival can NOT force you to use a particular PVP....When my PVP left,

I got call after call--felt like I was dying and the buzzards were soaring while waiting to swoop in for the kill. I finally had to DEMAND that Carnival remove me from their emailing data base and ended up working

with one of the PVP supervisors to book my upcoming cruise. This is the

only person I will speak with from Carnival at this time.

Stand up for yourself and demand that the PVP do their job in a manner

in which you feel is deserving of your hard earned money! Good Luck!

Booked through pvp for Miracle for next March. Wanted to transfer that booking to Carnival Liberty due to a family wedding. After many calls and no returns from her(and she said she would call me right back, but she was on the other line.) We'll after a few days, which was a blessing because I got a hold of a TA and wow!! On Carnival website the Liberty cruise was more than the Miracle (same 8 day) same exact cabin and deck, and she gave us a better price than what we had for the Miracle. On top of that today I got an email from her and said she found a better price and got it for us so it would be 60.00 more off!! After many years of different pvp's. ta's I think I finally found my gem!!!!:D

So if none of the information regarding your booking was given to the new PVP, how is that the new PVP's fault? And what kind of commitments regarding your guaranteed pricing were made?

Archived