Pride, anyone? Tell me your experiences on her....

First off, the Pride is easy to navigate. You won't get lost. No roadblocks like most ships out there today. The Spirit Class ships are the best Carnival has in my opinion. I've been on 3 different classes of Carnival ships, and the Spirit Class wins hands down. I found the Spirit equally as nice as the Pride due to being the same layout. You know, though, there's just something special about the Pride. Crewmembers love being on that ship. I've even talked to other crewmembers on other Carnival ships and they long to be on the Pride. It must be an L.A. thing, I don't know. If it was about the ports, give me San Diego or Seattle. Also, regarding food......The Supper Club (David's) on the Pride has been some of the best food I've ever had. I've been on a few ships with "Pay" dining, but David's is still #1......Now, when it comes to the crew, it's a crap shoot. Pride cruise #1 was simply the best I've ever had, but the 2nd go around on the Pride was just OK. Food is a toss up as well. It's a matter of taste on some things. Any other questions, just ask. Hey, Fred, nice to see you again......Hey Smoo, how's Porterville treating you? I'm so far from you (Exeter)........Ok, I know nobody has a clue where Exeter, California is..........

David

Upcoming Cruises:

Holland America Noordam: Alaska-09/23/07

Past Cruises:

NCL Star: Mexico-Apr/2007

Carnival Liberty: Western Carribean-Jan/2007

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Dec/2006

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Oct/2006

Carnival Spirit: Mexico-Feb/2006

NCL Star: Alaska-Sept/2005

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Apr/2005

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Sept/2004

Carnival Elation: Mexico-June/2003

Hey David! Long time no talk to! We really need to get together for coffee some day and talk ship! How about this crazy weather??? Hey.....you should go on the Spirit with us in Jan. '09. I'm sailing with a GREAT group! Crazy, but really nice! I'm looking forward to sailing on another Spirit class....you know I love the Pride!

We too loved our sailing on the Pride. From the couple of pre-cruise days that we had in Long Beach and the great time we had in each of the ports it was a nice trip. The day sail we did in PV was probably my favorite activity. Mazatlan Frank's tour was also amazing. The ship is beautiful. David's is a must as the food is phenomenal and we really enjoyed the ambience there. We loved the food in the regular dining room and up on the Lido as well. I can not recommend the ship enough.

My DH and I sailed on the Pride in March and we loved it sooooo much. We had an AFT wrap balocny and we loved it. We did not do too many of the onboard activities. We just "hung out" for the most part. It was a great ship and it never felt crowded. There were so many things we did not see, I am sure of it The ports were nice, but the ship made it for us I think. That and the fact that DH and I were without the kids for 8 full days!!!:D

I was on the Pride back in 2003 when it was a total smoke free ship. I loved it. there are no other words. You cold smell the wood on the ship it was just clean. I think you will have a great time on this ship.

slightly different. Loved being on the Pride. Thought it was a great ship and had a lot to do. Did the Pilates session (pay for) and enjoyed them completely. Excursions - in Cabo we were supposed to be on a Catamaran for our snorkle and it was a big old cabin cruiser. Still had a great time. Had a table for two in the dining room and our server was attentive and the food was good.

On the other hand I hated Davids. Our server was awful. English was such that the order was messed up. Once the order was taken each dish was brought but no questions about how do you like it - can we do anything different. They also didn't like that they had to find our bottle of wine from the main dining room for dinner that night. The food wasn't any better then in the main dining room and the music from the duo that was singing was way too loud. We were upstairs at a two top (even though the place was almost empty) right by the stairs and a door where the folks from the table next to us kept going in and out of to catch a smoke :) I guess hate is too dramatic but I won't be trying it again.

Jeff Bronson - didn't like him on stage either. He had one of those voices that I just find annoying...However, we met up with him one evening when we were walking on deck and talked for quite awhile. Told him what we liked and what we didn't and he seemed receptive to what we said.

I would certainly sail the Pride again if I get the deal that I got last year (Just after Thanksgiving we got an inside cabin for about $600 total for the two of us :)

Does the slide on C Pride empty into the pool ??? Any pictures anyone might have ?

Thank You, this sight has been full of so much information, and I am so thankful to all of you, as we prepare for our first cruise.

Rhys

we were on the pride in october 2006 and had a great time, met great people and plan to cruise again..if i did things right my pics are attached..warning they're are a lot of 'emmmm and i mean alot of 'em. enjoy..

http://picasaweb.google.com/bbcruzin/MexicanRivieraOnCarnivalPride

Nice pictures! I'm with my family but hope one day to go with a group of friends. Looks like fun!:)

Let's see....15 cruises on Carnival...

Destiny twice, Inspiration 3 times ( our favorite ship of that class and beautiful memories of a great cruise and new friends) Fantasy, Ecstacy, Imagination, Glory twice, Valor twice, Miracle, and the Pride two times in 2002.

The Miracle is the same class as the Pride.

We went on the Pride when she was new and sailing out of Port Canaveral so I really cannot comment on the ports.

BUT...the Pride was my absolute favorite ship! It is so beautiful! Loved that ship so much...made me sick when they moved it to the west coast. I am sure that cruising the west coast is also fun but I just loooooovveeee me some Caribbean

sunshine and turquoise waters...can't seem to break away from it!

Have a great time on the PRIDE!

cruzn buckeye

I've also been on a bunch of Carnival ships including the Pride, as well as the Legend (sister ship) and the Liberty (Conquest). Out of 18 Carnival cruises, the Pride was also my absolute favorite ship. My friends and I always discuss that. There is something very special about that ship, you will have a great time.

Thank You all, I have never read anything bad about the Pride,not that it would matter to us at this point, everyone talks very fondly about their experience aboard this ship. I will bring back all my great memories and share with everyone as well.

Rhys

Hi we traveled on the Pride 3 years ago with another couple and loved it. We had the best time. We had a balcony obstructed cabin and it was fantastic, I like having the boat under me. This time when we go we opted for an unobstructed balcony, DH won this time. I have managed to talk my parents and my sister and her family into joining us. They have never cruised before so they are in for a real treat. My parents usually spend their summers in Europe, traveling all over and keep a pretty busy schedule, I hope they enjoy the relaxation part of this trip. They are booked in a Cat 11 wrap-around, so at least they will have lots of room. We loved the food, so many choices in the dining room. I loved the decor and thought it was beautiful and added a touch of class to the ship. Our DD (then 7) loved Camp Carnival and she is looking forward to being in the older group this year and showing her 2 cousins around (aged 10 and 12). Have a great time and enjoy the ports as well.:)

• 1 month later...
I loved the Pride. It has so much character, without being gaudy or over the top. The little cantina type club in which they have Karaoke is just awesome. Wonderful ambiance.

Pride is cool, but wait for the Splendor out of Long Beach!!! Splendor will be ultra nice.

EPO

(from Simi Valley)

Archived