Philadelphia

8Cruise2005

The peir is in the old Navy Yard. There is parking within walking to the terminal building. After you check in at this building they shuttle bus you to the ship about 1/4 mile away.

Just Booked.

Chronologically Advantaged Couple.

First time to Bermuda.

11th cruise.

Never out of Philadelphia,anyone know the particulars of parking in Philly?

Try this link for useful info about cruising from Philadelphia.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Virginia

• 2 weeks later...
Just Booked.

Chronologically Advantaged Couple.

First time to Bermuda.

11th cruise.

Never out of Philadelphia,anyone know the particulars of parking in Philly?

Living within 30 minutes to the pier I sailed out of Philly to Bermuda. Sailing down the Delaware was great. Everytime we now drive over the Delaware Memorial bridge, I *always* say, "did I ever tell you about the time we sailed under this bridge?" LOL :) It does take 6 hours to reach the ocean, something that surprised me.

The embarkation experience in Philly........well, leaves something to be desired. It's not Miami or Seattle or San Juan, all ports I've sailed from. Parking is an old lot. Not anything around that area so no one will really be near the cars all week. Depending on the hour you arrive, it may take upwards of 45 minutes to drop off your luggage at the drop off spot, then go to park.

A little bit of organized confusion with the luggage, but again, there's usually only one ship in port so you know they won't put your luggage on the wrong ship.

There was a little tram that took you to the cavernous building where you will check in. It's a very old warehouse that they tried, TRIED, to spruce up a bit. But it still feels like a huge old empty warehouse. It's not the nice Miami lounge experience. LOL

Since there are not many sailings out of Philly, the people checking you in don't have much experience, and help was required from supervisors for many reasons.

Once through there it was onto the ship up a long, winging walkway.

I did thoroughly enjoy being so close to our cruiseship from home. But just know that the actual port of Philly leaves a lot to be desired.

I loved sailing out of Philly! We sailed on the Empress last Sept and it was great! There was no wait at all to check in! I thought the building was decent. Of course I have only sailed out of NY and Ft. Lauderdale and they are just big plain rooms. Philly had balloons and a few palm tree things for decoration. I don't know - I liked it :) Have a great time!!

Archived