Where to stay in Orlando?

bahama_mama

I am flying into Orlando airport and want to stay somewhere around the airport for the night - want something clean and cheap and also provides airport shuttle service!!! I won't be getting in until late. Any recommendations???? Thanks:confused:

Orlando is about 45minutes or more to the port----not sure if they would have service to the port------without it being costly.:mad: We live in Florida, over an hour to the Airport , we rented a car, coming and going----it was cheaper than leaving our car at the airport or getting a service to take us.

I really don't know about the hotels, so can't help you there. But check with different hotels, on line, they should tell you if they go to the port.

Hope this helps.

If the cost isn't a lot, why not fly into Melbourne Airport, the port is a lot closer and there might be a hotel that would take you.

I stayed at the sleep inn @ suites on mccoy road near airport (407) 855-4447 and the local shuttle (laura's shuttle) has a booth set up in the main lobby of the hotel for $30 round trip per passenger to port canaveral if you stay as a guest. I'm not sure what the prices are otherwise. They had us meet in the lobby and they dropped us off at the cruise terminal and was there waiting for us as we came back from the cruise to drop us off at the airport.

I stayed at the sleep inn @ suites on mccoy road near airport (407) 855-4447 and the local shuttle (laura's shuttle) has a booth set up in the main lobby of the hotel for $30 round trip per passenger to port canaveral if you stay as a guest. I'm not sure what the prices are otherwise. They had us meet in the lobby and they dropped us off at the cruise terminal and was there waiting for us as we came back from the cruise to drop us off at the airport.

That sounds like an awesome deal to me, wish I had known before I booked a hotel in Orlando.

Next time I sure would consider this one.

• 1 month later...

Would you recommend them?

If you go to Orbitz, type in your dates and "Orlando," you'll the info you need. The search will divide the results by area. Click on "Airport" to minimize the results to the area you want. The hotels in the airport area will be categorized by star (price) rating. Most have free shuttles. The cheapest will run you $40 and the most expensive will be over $150. The Hyatt is IN the airport and is quite nice.

Keep in mind that the port is a good 45 minutes away. It may be in your best interest to get a hotel in Cocoa Beach, near the port. You can easily rent a car to get there. Car rentals can be returned near the port and they offer free shuttle service to the ship.

I found a great deal at the Best Western Airport Inn and booked a group of rooms for November. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport which is just a couple miles away.

I have also researched online several "shuttle" options to the port and have found several that will give us FAR better rates than the cruise line - particularly since I have a group.

Archived