ZERO clue about west coast, need help with Long Beach departure...

The only thing I do know is that we'd be flying in the day before we'd sail on the Pride.

Need info on airports, transportation/costs, hotels (any offer free shuttles from any of the airports?) and what's to do the night before we sail.

HELP! :D Thanks.

Hi, I had the same questions for San Pedro. I used the search function.

Login

then you will see search as a choice on the banner

click on search

a window will open where you can enter Long Beach then select Western Departures as your board

You will get some very detailed info. and it will save all of it being retyped again. Most of it is current.

Good Luck!

If you know when you are flying in, I guess you know what airport you are using. LAX? Long Beach? John Wayne? All 3 are possible airports. The first is about 25 miles from the Long Beach port, the second about 6 miles, and the third about 35 miles.

You can take a shuttle or cab from each to the Long Beach downtown area. Most of the hotels in that area are just fine. Some stay on the Queen Mary, which is right next to your port, but many have been disappointed in the rooms on board, so you may want to opt for a hotel. Many of the hotels offer free shuttles to the pier.

There are also quite a few restaurants in the Long Beach downtown area. You can also go to Shoreline Village, which has shops and restaurants, and is close to the downtown area.

I was very impressed with the Aquarium of the Pacific. You can check their website before your trip to see what their hours are for that day (sometimes, esp. in the summer they may be open during the evening...they were last August on a Friday).

I was very impressed with the Aquarium of the Pacific. You can check their website before your trip to see what their hours are for that day (sometimes' date=' esp. in the summer they may be open during the evening...they were last August on a Friday).[/quote']

Ditto! I'm a Monterey Bay Aquarium snob, but I really enjoyed the Aquarium of the Pacific. They have a fabulous collection of sea dragons :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

You may want to check out visitlongbeach.com It's got lots of great information.

Welcome to Iowa by the sea.

I'm from Ottumwa myself.

enjoy,

Winnie

Archived