Camp Carnival Birthday??

jaxie001

:)Hello all....hoping someone might have some insight or an answer for me. We are on the Carnival Legend May 20. DD will be turning 9 during the cruise, anyone know if they will have her switch Camp groups in the middle of the cruise or will they let her stay where she starts?

thanks!! J

When you get onboard go to the Camp Carnival and ask NICELY. :D Just explain what you said here. Usually they say that they would like the child to go to the younger class for one day and then "observe them" in the older group for 1 day. If the child does fine in the older group, then that's where they'll stay.

And pick up the Camp Carnival activites newletter (kept on the wall outside the camp) for BOTH the 6-8 and 9-11 groups. Show them to your daughter and let her see the difference in the acitivites. She *may* prefer to stay in the 6-8 year old group because they have LOADS of organized activities.

Just know that if they have too many in the older group they *may* deny your request. So try not to become too upset. But from what I have seen here and experienced onboard, you usually can move a child who is turning the age ON the cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the info....good to know there could be a choice :) She's a pretty social kid but I didn't really want to have to move her mid week if she makes friends. I shall look into it as soon as we boad and go from there!

thanks again J

Thanks for the info....good to know there could be a choice :) She's a pretty social kid but I didn't really want to have to move her mid week if she makes friends. I shall look into it as soon as we boad and go from there!

thanks again J

Oh noooooo not at all! According to the cruiseline...a child is the age they are the day they BOARD the ship. So if you don't want her to move, that's your decision. They don't need her to move. And they won't move her on her b'day unless you request it. Some like to move their kids up because the child feels "too old" to be in the younger group.

I had the same situation with my daughter on the Pride. She turned 6 mid-week of our cruise. I wanted her to be with the 6-8 year olds, not the 2-5 year olds, since I thought she would enjoy the activities more, and I thought her maturity level would be better suited to the older kids.

As Cruisinmama (who gives awesome advice) suggested, I spoke with the Camp Carnival Personnel the first night, and made the request that they consider moving her up to the 6-8 age group. When I checked her in to Camp Carnival the next morning they said they would try her in the 6-8 group and see how she does, and would let me know when I pick her up which group they would put her in for the week. When I picked her up they told me "She's a little adult," and kept her in the 6-8 group.

They make the decision right at the beginning which group your child will be with, so they do have the chance to make friends and keep them. They WON'T switch your daughter mid-week.

By the way, I brought a birthday pin for my daughter to wear on her actual birthday that I bought at Party City, so everyone would know it was her birthday and make a fuss of her and wish her happy birthday and such. It was really fun for her, and just a little thing to pack.

Thanks Oceandreamin and cruisinmama......this info definately helps. My daughter as well is a bit on the mature side....but not a huge fan of change LOL Especially if she find out there is something going on midweek in one and then would miss the activity. We'll check out the list of activities for the week for both and then decide. I got a few decorations for the room and a birthday t-shirt for her to wear. Not that she needs the advertisement......she will be sure to tell everyone anyway!!LOL

Thanks again for your ideas and advice....can hardly contain our excitement for leaving tomorrow night to start our journey!!

J

Cruisinmama06---

Are the pics in your sig line from your Freedom cruise? The girls look real cute. Is that a lifestyle portrait?

Sorry to have invaded this thread, just had to know...

Shannon - yes, on the Freedom of the Seas they had Lifestyle "Casual & Fun" portraits on nights that weren't formal nights. I added in their names and date but yep, that's from the cruise. :D

jaxie001 - One quick tip I forgot to post. Make a sign or bring some ribbons to decorate the door. Gabriella loved finding her cabin by looking for her "Happy Birthday door" as she called it all week.

Archived