Why Do YOU Book CC Staterooms?

psychboss

My DH and I love the CC staterooms. We enjoy all of the little extras that come with the CC stateroom. We like the champagne, canapés, the fresh flowers, my DH especially loves the fruit, etc, etc. I love the flowers, bathrobes, and dining and seating preference. My DH loves the fruit and early embarkation and disembarkation.

What do you like or dislike?

My DH and I love the CC staterooms. We enjoy all of the little extras that come with the CC stateroom. We like the champagne, canapés, the fresh flowers, my DH especially loves the fruit, etc, etc. I love the flowers, bathrobes, and dining and seating preference. My DH loves the fruit and early embarkation and disembarkation.

What do you like or dislike?

I booked a CC for our cruise because the cruise is to celebrate an anniversary--our 20th. All of the little "extras" sounded special and fun to me--especially the pillow menu since my wife is a pillow freak. She also appreciates robes. These things, plus the others, will, I hope, contribute to a special cruise.

I can't remember the price differential between the balcony and the CC, but it sounded to me like the CC could be a good deal--and would be fun.

There have been several threads since I booked the room where people have groused about the CC and said it's not worth it. All I can say, is I am looking forward to finding out personally! :cool:

for the location....an aft cabin. We did not really enjoy the canapes (after the first day), in fact, we did not like being disturbed for their delivery! the flowers...well, just really ordinary. DH says he will buy me a nice bouquet from the florist on board. The champagne: the brand not to our liking, and we ended up sharing it with our tablemates. Robes: I swam in mine, but I admit they were nice and fluffy. We are not pillow people, so any of the pillows are fine with us. The other amenities we can really do without. (shower heads, etc). It was nice, but if we could not get an aft cabin, we could certainly do without all those extras. In the past, we have preference to the FV cabins, and they do not warrent the CC status, and we like the extra room.

Just my .02 worth.

Breakfast and the extra space. The canapes are not fit to eat and we don't drink so I gave the Champagne to my folks who were two dorrs down in a reg Veranda.

Priority tender tickets are also worthwhile. I am also a pillow person, but mostly it was space. Our daughter is going on ten and the sofa bed in the CC is bigger than in a 2A.

We are in CC again on Infinity next March 15th 'round the horn.

We recently returned from 9 days in a CC cabin on Century. We would pay the extra freight for the expanded in-room breakfast menu alone. But we also enjoyed the champagne, the nicer veranda table & chairs and the priority debarkation.

BTW, I am writing a detailed, episodic review of our Century adventure where I'll be detailing everything about the CC stateroom, among other topics. The review begins at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=546008

We're spoiled now. If we sail with Celebrity again, it will definitely be CC or better.

The first time I booked CC it was a sort of last-minute booking, so the CC was only $35 more per person for the week than the next category down. This was on Century in 2004 and since I was treating my Mom I was glad of the extra touches.

The next time I booked it was on Zenith in 2006, and we got upgraded at the pier to a Zenith Suite. I think, though, if I had known the condition the suite was in before we boarded, I would have refused the upgrade! It nearly put me off Celebrity forever.

The last time I cruised was on Summit in 2007, and we booked the CC to get an aft-facing cabin for our Panama Canal trip.

My next cruise will be on Millennium in 2008, and we again booked the CC to get a cabin with an over-sized veranda.

Mom & I enjoy the little touches: the flowers, the really nice shower heads, the container of cotton balls and swabs, the extra hair dryer, the fruit bowl, and the duvets on the beds. We even like the canapes, we have them with a cocktail while we are dressing for dinner.

In summary, I'd say I like booking the CC's on the M-class ships if I can get one of the over-sized balconies. On the other ships, I'd do it for the extra touches if the price differential between CC and the next level down was reasonably small.

Of all the cabin categories I've tried thus far, my favorite has been the Sky Suite on Mercury -- the ones on the higher deck with the very large balconies! Nice set up, bathtub, big deck, lots of storage! Unfortunately, it's usually out of my price range....

We always want a aft cabin so we mainly take CC for that. After that the expanded breakfast menu makes it worth it. We really dislike the canapes, it's a shame they can't improve on those and at least make something more like the bites they pass around late at night.

We book the CC cabins to get a larger aft balcony. I can do without the champagne, canapés, towels, robes,pillows, breakfast menu etc.

Canapés: I don't care for them..boring and tasteless

Champagne: Not very good

Towels: I don't care for the quality

Robes: Nice

Breakfast Menu: You can ask for anything that is on the cc menu by just writing it on a regular menu

Pillows: Nice touch but a good cabin attendant will find you a pillow that you like

Larger Aft Balcony: YES! YES!!, worth every extra penny

We tried cc on the Millennium and the thing we enjoyed the most' date=' was the breakfast menu.

Imagine having this delivered every morning on your balcony :D :[/quote']

I'm with you--breakfast on the balcony is the best!

BTW, how did you manage to post such a nice big picture? When I try to post larger ones they either get rejected or reduced to little thumbnails!:(

I'm with you--breakfast on the balcony is the best!

BTW, how did you manage to post such a nice big picture? When I try to post larger ones they either get rejected or reduced to little thumbnails!:(

I use Imageshack. Works fine for me and it doesn't use any extra space on the board, so you can display bigger pictures.

My DH loves the .... early embarkation and disembarkation.
We're really looking forward to our first CC stateroom on Constellation. However, with basically 2 full decks of CC rooms leaving at the same time does early debarkation really mean anything? Not a big deal for us this time, since we don't have an early flight, but it seems like we'd end up in a shorter line if we just waited until the CC group is off. Am I missing something? tia

We're really looking forward to our first CC stateroom on Constellation. However, with basically 2 full decks of CC rooms leaving at the same time does early debarkation really mean anything? Not a big deal for us this time, since we don't have an early flight, but it seems like we'd end up in a shorter line if we just waited until the CC group is off. Am I missing something? tia

Add to that all the Captain Club Members and those in suites, you are definitely better waiting.

DMK, as I posted earlier on this thread I have the same opinions as you do re all the CC perks...now, I have another question (don't want to hi-jack this thread tho):

I could not get an aft balcony for our B2B in the Carib. next Feb. so I settled for one of the Sweet Sixteen cabins, 6035. (only one I could get for B2B) I know the balcony is larger, but do you know how it compares with the aft balcony?

We love the little bit of extra room available, especially with 3 of us. We loved the bigger table on the balcony for breakfast too. Robes were nice, flowers fine, free champagne - fine by me! (We have it so seldom, we don't mind what kind it is :D ) I personally really like the pillow menu as well. Priority debarkation was helpful when we had to tender.

DMK, as I posted earlier on this thread I have the same opinions as you do re all the CC perks...now, I have another question (don't want to hi-jack this thread tho):

I could not get an aft balcony for our B2B in the Carib. next Feb. so I settled for one of the Sweet Sixteen cabins, 6035. (only one I could get for B2B) I know the balcony is larger, but do you know how it compares with the aft balcony?

I would say that 6035 has a balcony twice the size of a regular balcony. The aft cabins balconies are about 3 times the size of a regular balcony. Enjoy.:)

We too like the locations and room size of the CC rooms, as well as the upgrades for linens. Other perks are less important but still very nice.

...I could not get an aft balcony for our B2B in the Carib. next Feb. so I settled for one of the Sweet Sixteen cabins, 6035. (only one I could get for B2B) I know the balcony is larger, but do you know how it compares with the aft balcony?

I would say that 6035 has a balcony twice the size of a regular balcony. The aft cabins balconies are about 3 times the size of a regular balcony. Enjoy.:)

I think there is an even larger difference than that. Seems like the aft balconies are more than 50% bigger than the 6035 balcony. We had 6030, which I think is the same room & location but on the starboard side. The balcony was great, but we missed the extra room in the CC cabin. Still it was a nice room, and on the cruise we had this the price difference for CC was way to large. We actually had a Veranda guarantee and lucked out getting 6030. Only complaint we had was a couple times, when at sea, we got a little mist - almost like a light rain, for a few minuites. We were not sure but we think it was the windshield washer from the bridge! Either that or some other area being washed on the ship above us.

I think there is an even larger difference than that. Seems like the aft balconies are more than 50% bigger than the 6035 balcony. We had 6030, which I think is the same room & location but on the starboard side. .

We are in perfect agreement. The aft balconies are 50% larger than 6035 making them 3 times larger than a regular balcony. Let's say a regular balcony is 40 sq. ft and 6035 is twice that at 80 sq ft. The aft balcony is 50% larger than #6035 at 120 sq ft or 3 times that at 120 sq ft.

Couldn't resist:) retired teacher:)

I use Imageshack. Works fine for me and it doesn't use any extra space on the board' date=' so you can display bigger pictures.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try posting a clickable thumbnail of the Celebrity Century docked in Key West:

centurydockedatkeywestkn3.th.jpg

This is great because I can put pictures in context, rather than having them all occur at the end of my post!

curvedbedresizedtq4.jpg

Above is our Concierge Class stateroom on Century showing how they've curved the corners to make it easier to get by.

It works great! Thanks again.:D

We are in perfect agreement. The aft balconies are 50% larger than 6035 making them 3 times larger than a regular balcony. Let's say a regular balcony is 40 sq. ft and 6035 is twice that at 80 sq ft. The aft balcony is 50% larger than #6035 at 120 sq ft or 3 times that at 120 sq ft.

Couldn't resist:) retired teacher:)

I meant they were way more than 50% bigger, as in ">" and not ">=" or "formula_symbol2.gif"

Well, to prove my point I think you're just going to have to pull up a lounge chair, get out the measuring tape and have an in-depth discussion over a couple martini's or glasses of wine!;)

I had Cc 6143 on Constellation, and while everyone says the cabin is only 1 square foot larger, it sure seemed like more than that. At the end of the cabin by the sofa, there was room for three suitcases to stand on end and not be in the way at all. That alone was worth the extra $400 pp I paid. But add to that the balcony size (at least twice maybe more) than the regular balconies because it had to match up to the suites right next door, and it was the teak wood decking.

Then all the other amenities everyone has already mentioned. We loved the fresh flowers daily, didn't care for the canapes so asked if we could have a cheese & crackers plate instead (and our steward prepared it so nicely with grapes and apple wedges), we nursed the champagne for about 5 days making mimosas with orange juice at breakfast. The robes were so plush, so were the towels, and the massage shower head was terrific. We also liked the little toiletries in their own bottles instead of in the dispenser on the shower stall wall. The umbrellas and binoculars were so nice we bought some. The personalized stationery made a nice souvenir, as did the key tag holder, and the huge Celebrity tote bag.

I booked the CC cabin as a Birthday gift to myself and I felt it was worth every penny. I'd bet money your wife will be very pleased and you will both enjoy that CC cabin!

Archived