Will this work? Comment please...

No flames please. I am going on a back to back for 14 nights and my bar bill will be pretty hefty so I thought of an idea for getting alcohol aboard. It's technically not sneaking. The first cruise is a 6 night. I thought when we are in port we could buy a couple cases of beer or twisted tea. Be completely honest when we get back on and give it to them for return at end. When they give back liquor at end (of the 6 night), claim it like I am getting off. Then I'll have it for the 8 night cruise! What do you think?:confused:

When you check back in to get back on they'll take it right back.

And if you're not checking out/checking back in, then they're not going to deliver it to you on the last night, because they'll know it's not your last night.

I don't see that working honestly.

Well, we don't have to leave the ship and get back on and I saw a freestyle daily that showed a scheduled time & place to come claim your booze (it wasn't brought to cabins, you had to pick it up) on the last day. The person distributing the booze will not know we are staying for another cruise.

We have never had to give them our alcohol we purchased in ports. We never bought more than 3 bottles at a time and always carried them in a back pack or dufflebag. This was not intentional, we never opened any of the bottles. To me it just always seems easier to keep it in my possession so I can pack when I want and I don't have to worry about misplacing it, claim ticket, etc.

As far as the actual back to back, I would say it will depend on the cruise line and their procedure for debarking.

Doesn't hurt to try, right? Also, I have to agree w/ Rachel:

We have never had to give them our alcohol we purchased in ports. We never bought more than 3 bottles at a time and always carried them in a back pack or dufflebag.

I have bought bottles of alcohol in port and just carry them on. Only difference is mine was always intentional. ;)

I never heard of a back to back passenger being allowed to stay on the ship. Generally you need to get off, and recheck in.

Don't know if your "plan" would work. What port are you starting the second part of the cruise? This isn't like stopping at a port of call in the middle of a cruise when people DO buy a certain local drink and carry it on. Interesting.

Most ships allowed beer to be brought on. I don't know how much you need but each person can carry on, in a carryon with wheels, a case when you originally board. Not sure about the twisted tea. :D

I never heard of a back to back passenger being allowed to stay on the ship. Generally you need to get off, and recheck in.

Don't know if your "plan" would work. What port are you starting the second part of the cruise? This isn't like stopping at a port of call in the middle of a cruise when people DO buy a certain local drink and carry it on. Interesting.

I am traveling NCL and they have a meeting place for B2Bers to go thru customs so they can stay on the ship. Even if they did make me get off and back on, they wouldn't make me carry all my stuff off & on, I am in the same room so that would be ridiculous.

No flames please. I am going on a back to back for 14 nights and my bar bill will be pretty hefty so I thought of an idea for getting alcohol aboard. It's technically not sneaking. The first cruise is a 6 night. I thought when we are in port we could buy a couple cases of beer or twisted tea. Be completely honest when we get back on and give it to them for return at end. When they give back liquor at end (of the 6 night), claim it like I am getting off. Then I'll have it for the 8 night cruise! What do you think?:confused:

The only problem is I thought they keep the booze at the pier - not on the ship. Unless you are going in and out of the same port of embarcation I don't know how you're going to get the booze back. You may not see it until the 14th day.

The only problem is I thought they keep the booze at the pier - not on the ship. Unless you are going in and out of the same port of embarcation I don't know how you're going to get the booze back. You may not see it until the 14th day.

I said I would by it at a PORT, like Port Canaveral for example. They DO hold all alcohol bought at PORTS until the end of your cruise. They do not leave it at the ports.

I said I would by it at a PORT, like Port Canaveral for example. They DO hold all alcohol bought at PORTS until the end of your cruise. They do not leave it at the ports.
You are correct. Sorry - I have Alaska on my brain (only 6 weeks to go) I was thinking about a one way cruise where you're not in the same embarcation port.

Most ships allowed beer to be brought on. I don't know how much you need but each person can carry on, in a carryon with wheels, a case when you originally board. Not sure about the twisted tea. :D

What cruis lines are they??, i know Celebrity, Carnival, Royal Caribbean & Princess have a NO alcohol policy and that includes beer.

The only thing permitted it wine or Champagne.

NCL, has a no intoxicating liquors rule.

You know what, it's worth a try. I am not going to go out of my way to find liquor, but if I do see a store that has twisted tea I'll buy it. If they give it back to me at the end of the first cruise without realizing that I am not getting off, then I'll enjoy it the 2nd week. If they DO realize I'm on a B2B and they keep it till the end, then I'll enjoy it at home. No biggie! Thanks for the comments. I will try it and let all know how it turns out.

Archived