Millennium Sky Suites

Diva Onboard

We will be booking a cruise on the Millennium. We like being midship and wonder if there are any sky suites midship with obstructed views.

On the Sky Deck 9 we are interested in 9111, 9117 9121 or 9123

On the Panorama Deck 8 we are interested in 8117, 8121, 8125 or 8127

Since this will be our first sailing on the Millennium, we hope to hear some feedback from those of you who are familiar with the Millennium.

Thanks.

What about cabin numbers 6145 or 6146? or 6131 6132 seem to have larger balconies.

Any information about these cabins? I have done a search also but want more info.

Francine

Francine,

What sort of information do you want about 6145 or 6146? I'm booked in 6146 on the Infinity in September. When I searched the Celebrity forum for 6145 or 6146, I found a tremendous amount of information including pictures. I'll be glad to help you if I can.

As a handicapped cruiser who has been in some of those Sky Suites on Infinity and Summit, I would be remiss if I did not bring your attention to the fact that 6 of the 8 sky suites you mentioned are designed for and designated as handicapped accessible. As such, they have an extra large bathroom with a level floor, roll in shower and lots of grab bars. There is no tub, as in other sky suites. Having cruised in both the ones on either side of the elevator bank, the balcony, while not obstructed, is open to view from passengers in the elevators if they choose to look.

Since you have cited 8 cabins, 6 of which are accessible, I hope it is not your intention to book one of those and preclude those of us who can not cruise without one so equipped from doing so. We are aware that there are some sleazy TAs who will misrepresent their clients needs in order to book what is normally a larger cabin than others in the same category. In the case of Millenium class, the sky suites you have cited are all the same size. No criticism intended - just giving you facts for your consideration:)

LeoandHugh -

I did make note that 6 of the 8 SS we were looking at were handicap accessible - you will be happy to note that after taking that into consideration, we booked CC.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

LeoandHugh -

I did make note that 6 of the 8 SS we were looking at were handicap accessible - you will be happy to note that after taking that into consideration, we booked CC.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Ebiekik, Did you by chance look at CC cabins 6135,6143,6136,6144? I stayed in 6136 to Alaska last year and the balcony was just unbelieveable(sp). They are just wonderful cabins, check theme out.

Laura

As a handicapped cruiser who has been in some of those Sky Suites on Infinity and Summit, I would be remiss if I did not bring your attention to the fact that 6 of the 8 sky suites you mentioned are designed for and designated as handicapped accessible. As such, they have an extra large bathroom with a level floor, roll in shower and lots of grab bars. There is no tub, as in other sky suites. Having cruised in both the ones on either side of the elevator bank, the balcony, while not obstructed, is open to view from passengers in the elevators if they choose to look.

Since you have cited 8 cabins, 6 of which are accessible, I hope it is not your intention to book one of those and preclude those of us who can not cruise without one so equipped from doing so. We are aware that there are some sleazy TAs who will misrepresent their clients needs in order to book what is normally a larger cabin than others in the same category. In the case of Millenium class, the sky suites you have cited are all the same size. No criticism intended - just giving you facts for your consideration:)

Thank you for pointing this out. I have waitlisted myself for 6132 on a cruise, BUT having read your comment, I am going to ring my TA and tell her to remove me from the waitlist. I would HATE to think I was taken someones chance to cruise.. for all of you who rish to grab those bigger balconies, please also give ths consideration. We are all quick on here to advise those cabins with the bigger balconies, this is somethiing many of us have not thought about before.

I will be more than happy now which the sky suite I have, and remember to count my blessings.

Happy cruising to you.:)

Thank you for pointing this out. I have waitlisted myself for 6132 on a cruise, BUT having read your comment, I am going to ring my TA and tell her to remove me from the waitlist. I would HATE to think I was taken someones chance to cruise.. for all of you who rish to grab those bigger balconies, please also give ths consideration. We are all quick on here to advise those cabins with the bigger balconies, this is somethiing many of us have not thought about before.

I will be more than happy now which the sky suite I have, and remember to count my blessings.

Happy cruising to you.:)

Blondie007,

6132 is not one of the wheelchair-accessible Sky Suites LeoandHugh was discussing. Don't feel guilty about staying on the waitlist.

We just booked a last minute cruise to the Mediterranean. We booked directly with Celebrity and they put us in 9117. Since I have been reading CC Board, I told the agent about being in the handicapped cabin and she said once the ship is closer to their sailing time and no one has reserved the suite, they release the suite to the general public. Actually, I wanted the SS suite with bathtub, but this is the only suite that is available that is close to my kids cabin. I hope once we are on the ship, other passengers won't get mad at us thinking that we took away handicapped cabin.

Full Moon, Do not worry about what others may think. Your conscience is clear; you did not deliberately book an accessible cabin. It is common practice in the industry to release accessible cabins to the general public 60-90 days prior to sailing because history shows that those of us that have need of such cabins know we have to book months in advance to get one. So the cruise lines correctly assume that if such cabins are not booked at that point, they can release them. No one would expect them to sail with an empty cabin. I know it is easy for us to say don't let it worry you, it is frankly none of anyone else's business how you came to be in that cabin. So enjoy your cruise and your cabin:)

Archived