Ok smack me for asking this question!!

fstimcruz

This is so stupid, but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a pair of scissors in my make-up bag. It will be going through with checked luggage. Is Carnival going to go through my bags to take away the scissors? If so I will not bring them but I thought I might need them.

This is so stupid, but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a pair of scissors in my make-up bag. It will be going through with checked luggage. Is Carnival going to go through my bags to take away the scissors? If so I will not bring them but I thought I might need them.

no:) so long as it is checked and not carried

They took my scissors out of my carry on and measured them. They had to be a certain length. Mine were ok.

Does not make sense to me at all because if I wanted to use them to hurt someone I could just go to the dining room and get a steak knife.:cool:

no such thing as a stupid question.

Kim

This is one of the 3 great lies. The other 2 are: It doesn't matter if you wind or loose ....and.... Size doesn't matter.

Nothing wrong with this question, we usually pack them too.

But what's the reasoning behind this. I could understand on a airplane no sharp objects.........but a cruise ship......makes no sense........

i believe it is 3", or at least it used to be 3". and, i wld imagine, as morbid as it seems, that the restriction on blade length wld be linked to the likelihood or probability of the instrument being capable of inflicting serious bodily harm (or worse).

The 4" rule is to prevent people from bringing large hunting knives or shears on board. the 4"'s refers to just the blade I believe, and not the handle.

You are correct, the 4" is the length of the blades only.

I don't even think it is written in the Carnival prohibited items section of the Docs. I think it only says no dangerous household items.

But at check in, they tell you no sissors over 4" I only know this becasue the guy infront of us had some in his carryon and they found them.

i believe it is 3", or at least it used to be 3". and, i wld imagine, as morbid as it seems, that the restriction on blade length wld be linked to the likelihood or probability of the instrument being capable of inflicting serious bodily harm (or worse).

And a steak knife can't do harm:rolleyes:

They took my scissors out of my carry on and measured them. They had to be a certain length. Mine were ok.

Does not make sense to me at all because if I wanted to use them to hurt someone I could just go to the dining room and get a steak knife.:cool:

And a steak knife can't do harm:rolleyes:

LMAO!:D :p . i did not see this part of your post at first. and to think I was worried about having the morbid personality! :p

Mental Note: do not let new good friend Kurbanfan get mad at you on a cruise. LOL.

LMAO!:D :p . i did not see this part of your post at first. and to think I was worried about having the morbid personality! :p

Mental Note: do not let new good friend Kurbanfan get mad at you on a cruise. LOL.

LOL!

Nah not me..... I can't even watch boxing on tv......just never could figure that one out. Not like on a airplane where you get plastic utensils.

When I told security the same thing they just gave me a dirty look. But never answered my question.....

Just the word scissors is a sore spot with me. They confiscated mine at Logan in Boston about 2 years ago. They were small, but in my carryon. Wouldn't do that again, (wanna bet)? Less than a year later, they got me again. I was sure they were in checked luggage (WRONG)! The second time, my dh just threw up his hands and kept walking.

You know I had to laugh at this whole post! There are too many funny things in it not too! lol ;) Especially the steak knives & plastic silverware both of these two dangerous if dealt with in the wrong way!

First let me state I have always brought along a pair of scissors with me with a 3-4 inch blade & packed them in my checked luggage. I have alittle zipper space on the outside of one of my bags & this makes it the perfect place to put them. In case I want to zip tie my bags shut....then I have scissors there to open them up plus I don't have to go thru security with them.....btw zip ties are alot cheaper to replace then some of the locks out there designed for your luggage & with a zip tie you always know if someone has been in your stuff! ;) Now with this in mind I have never had a problem either getting them on the airplane or on the cruise ship.

But do you know what concerns me more then anything on a plane? The fact that we can carry hairdryers! What can you do with a hairdryer you might ask? PLENTLY! Morbid idea here.....take it & choke the heck out of someone! Tell me am I the only one that ever thought about this or should I just put myself in the throw away pile with the rest of the items that clearly should not be taken away at a security checkpoint? :rolleyes:

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

The problem is ANYTHING could be used as a weapon if used in a certain way, pretty soon we're gonna have to be boarding planes and watercrafts naked, LOL ;)

I like the way you think........;)

Archived