Crown out of Phila

knowla1

Anyone just back from the Crown out of Philadelphia? How was boarding in Phila. What time do you suggest getting to the pier?

How was the cruise? Thanks for any replies, we are sailing out of Phila in a few weeks.

Anyone just back from the Crown out of Philadelphia? How was boarding in Phila. What time do you suggest getting to the pier?

How was the cruise? Thanks for any replies, we are sailing out of Phila in a few weeks.

They start taking passengers around 11:00.I would get there then.It gives you plenty of time to explore the ship and avoid the crowds.We sailed on the Crown,out of Philly,October 2005,on a 13 day repo cruise.It's a nice ship and Bermuda is a great destination.Don S,J.

We sailed on the Crown last April and are going again on May 27th. Philly is a great port to sail from. Easy to get to, well planned and not busy, Only 1 ship in at a time. You drop of luggage and passengers at the door and then drive around the block to park. The have a shuttle bringing you back to the terminal. And the reverse when you land. You can also walk it. It's not far. Parking is secure. We left our RV there last year.

Last year we got there about 10:30 and we not let in the doors of the boarding building until 12 due to a delay. This time we hope to get there around 11.

Louise in FLA:cool:

I work at the pier in Philly as a check in agent, and lately we haven't begun checking in guests until about 11:30. The lines are never very long to check in, until around 1:30 or so. It's generally a very smooth process, and you can usually board the ship right away.

We sailed on the Crown last April and are going again on May 27th. Philly is a great port to sail from. Easy to get to, well planned and not busy, Only 1 ship in at a time. You drop of luggage and passengers at the door and then drive around the block to park. The have a shuttle bringing you back to the terminal. And the reverse when you land. You can also walk it. It's not far. Parking is secure. We left our RV there last year.

Last year we got there about 10:30 and we not let in the doors of the boarding building until 12 due to a delay. This time we hope to get there around 11.

Louise in FLA:cool:

My wife, son and I will be on this ship at the same time. Are you flying or driving? We are flying up (direct flight) on Sunday morning. Hope the weather is good.

I work at the pier in Philly as a check in agent, and lately we haven't begun checking in guests until about 11:30. The lines are never very long to check in, until around 1:30 or so. It's generally a very smooth process, and you can usually board the ship right away.

Thanks for the information.

Also, has anyone received an upgrade call or email?

We are driving to my sister's in northern VA and then they are joining use for the drive up and the cruise. Maybe we will meet on board. Are there any plans for a meeting?

Louise in FLA

Attn: All May sailers-

please do a little mini report when you return regarding the ship.

There is minimal info on this years trip since it is only on its second sailing.

Thanks so much.

Wish I was able to sail out of Philly this year (since I live here) but hubby is a teacher and we can't go till June 17th-first week in NY.

All though I do love sailing out of NY but Philly would have been so much easier.

We are driving to my sister's in northern VA and then they are joining use for the drive up and the cruise. Maybe we will meet on board. Are there any plans for a meeting?

Louise in FLA

No plans that I know of.....It would be great to meet you. You can figure out who we are by looking at us. I am your typical 36 year old business man with a full head of hair and about 15-20 lbs heavier than I should be. My wife is the good looking, in shape, and sexy as every stay at home mom and our cute 6 year old son. You will know it is us because you will say, why is that good looking lady with that dude and are you sure the kid belongs to him.

Yes, the kid does belong to me, my wife is hot and I am glad they are still with me...lol.

Attn: All May sailers-

please do a little mini report when you return regarding the ship.

There is minimal info on this years trip since it is only on its second sailing.

Thanks so much.

Wish I was able to sail out of Philly this year (since I live here) but hubby is a teacher and we can't go till June 17th-first week in NY.

All though I do love sailing out of NY but Philly would have been so much easier.

I will be more than glad to post a mini report when we return.

As for school, it lets out here May 25th. Thus, we can take our son with us on 5/27/07.

Archived