What to do in Malta?

Beowulfpk

Malta can be done on your own. Be aware that there is quite a bit of up hill climbing. You don't mention when you're going, so I'll just mention that even when we were there last May, it was quite warm which may also have an impact on whether you want to do on foot or not. There were also horse and carriages available near the port if you'd like to tour that way.

This is one port for which I would be up early to watch the sail in. It's pretty fantastic and great photo ops.

You may want to check the ports of call section for addtional info. There are various museums and some gardens.

Assuming you dock where we did, there is no shuttle bus needed to get to the town.

• 2 months later...

Take a tour when you're on Malta. You won't be able to visit the whole island on your own. We took 8-hour tour last fall (WM, Costa Concordia). it was tiring but VERY GOOD! Malta was one of the best off shore points that my husnabd and I loved!

If you decide to go on your own take the bus to the center of La Valletta. You will find it just outside the marictime station. It costs 1 euro return and save you a very hard walk uphill.

Once in La Valletta one of the thing you cannot miss is the cathedral.

Archived