Why do you like the Prinsendam?

iflyrc5

We have heard that many folks really like the Prinsendam over the other ships in the HAL fleet. We have booked her for the Amazon Experience in Nov 2008. We were just wondering what about the Prinsendam makes folks like this ship over the larger ones. We have sailed the Rotterdam (both current and previous one) and most recently the Zuiderdam and like the all. Is it the cabins, ship layout, personnel, ports of call, etc.???????

I will be able to provide a better answer after we experience the Prinsendam in June/July. As far as what attracted me personally, besides the positive reports on this board, was 1) the itineraries offered and 2) the smaller size.

We have sailed on smaller ships (700 for a two-wk. Alaska cruise) and larger ships (over 3000 for a Mexican Riviera cruise) and for our own personal preference, the smaller, the better. I understand that the Prinsendam, as with most HAL ships sailing extended cruises, has an excellent and seasoned crew. I also expect the average passenger age to be a bit older than we have experienced with other HAL ships. But we shall see - we are very excited about sailing the Prinsendam for the first time!

--The size of the Prinsendam (only about 700 passengers) -- nice and intimate

--The superb crew on board - they cannot do enough for you

--The itineraries

--The cabin layout (beds are not under the window -- the seating area is by the window even in the basic oceanview cabins)

--The walk in closet -- perfect for an extended voyage (I swear the closet walls are capable of expanding to fit all that you have brought with)

--The decor and atmosphere are truly elegant -- some of the most incredible flower arrangements I have seen were found in the lounges on board as well as a fascinating collection of art

--The whole cruise experience is more like the classic cruise experiences that are currently disappearing in the mass market place

Try sailing on the Prinsendam and you will also discover the difference.

iflyrc5 ... we are also going on the Amazon Explorer cruise in November 2008 on the PRISENDAM. Why not go to the roll call and join our group of Cruise Critic members who would like to get together then. Looking forward to meeting everybody!

The walk-in closets are great - the inset doors on your cabin mean you rarely, if ever, get noises from people passing in the hallway. The small size means you get to know your fellow passengers better, and the crew gets to know you and all of your preferences sooner . We love the Prinsendam and hope to sail on her again in the not-too-distant future!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived