Who's all going? Chumley Cruise - 10/21/07

bmc303

We heard about the Chumley cruise after we had already booked our April cruise. We had so much fun with the people we met on Carnival that we wasted no time getting our paperwork in after we got back home. We can't wait to wait to meet everyone on the Princess!

We'd like to hear any information and stories you have about previous Chumley cruises.

Anybody else from Colorado?

• 3 weeks later...

The Chumley's cruise I was on was a very fun-loving and open yet dignified group. I believe that group represented to the mostly mature and heterosexual passengers and crew on the ship just how fun gay men can be. The events described by my friends on the 'other' cruise demonstrated how different groups can be, and as they say: "actions speak louder than words".

I hope to find a cabin mate and make the Chumley's cruise this fall.

Doug

Although I am not a "bear" more defined as an "otter" (by my bear friends.. and whatevr that means") I hate Labels !!! (LOL).. I'm going on the cruise. A friend of mine was looking for a roomate, he had been on a previous Chumley's and asked if I wanted to go . Have been on Str8 cruises, gave them up for Atlantis (10).. no I'm not a circuit party type... I said yes and am interested in the dynamic that a group represents... not to mention it's another cruise..See Ya on the Carib princess !!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

My partner and I will be going on our 2nd Chumley cruise this year. Last year we had such a blast we couldn't wait to sign up again. This year we've managed to talk 7 and maybe 9 people into going with us. 5 which are single age range from 38-42 (for those of you interested). Chumley and Paul do such a good job as far as all the planning and reserving rooms and sections of the dining room for us. The sail away party in the Schubert Resort in Ft. Lauderdale is the perfect way to meet and greet everyone before hand and to get the week kicked off right.

We've cruised 7 times before and love to travel all over, but this is one of the best times we've ever had with a group. We were a little leary at first about doing a "gay" themed travel group, but after a week with this bunch, we'll probably do this as a regular yearly trip. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. We're also on bear411. I'm under abcdjack and my partner is under austinbearz. Give us a shout.

David

I am not a bear, but I have found that the bears at sea are a real nice bunch of guys without the attitude. Thought I would like to try a group but was concerned as to possible back lash from the other passengers. You know how we like to have fun and would it be a problem being in the minority....

I think I might try one next year and see what happens. Heaven knows I like bears......

Will 2008 schedules be out soon?

Tom

You know the nice thing about most of us bear types is we don't care if you look like us or not. It's all about the camaraderie and fun a bunch of "like-minded" (not so much like-body-type) men have together. There are plenty of guys who don't have a hair on their body and are of all sizes and ages that go with this group so rest assured as long as you're here for fun, you'll have plenty of it!

As far as the 2008 schedule, I don't think they put it out until well after the current cruise is over. I think it may be the end of the year or first of next before they officially announce it. I know at the end of this cruise they will mention what they're working on but don't usually finalize until later.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a web site for this cruise? If so, thank you for passing it along.

This cruise leaves the day before my birthday. What a way to celebrate surrounded by scores of bears! Yippee!

Wow! We share a birthday. I'm also on the 20th. What year?

I'm not sure we are allowed to put a link to this, but Chumley's website is pretty easy to find. Just look for Chumley's BearCruises. It's not the AOL website... it's the next one.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I think I've figured out the countdown clock. We'll see if it posts when i send this.

We're under 100 days! How many of you guys are staying at the Schubert before? The sail away party is open to all guests booked on the Chumley's cruise. It's a lot of and a great way to meet the group before we hit the sea. I know there are some overflow hotels as well. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Ferenc and I and a few other friends are flying in Friday. We were lucky to get a room at Schubert. I think they're full now, but I know there are some over flow hotels (for those who haven't booked their rooms yet) where other Chumley cruisers are staying. The pre cruise party is fun.

Archived