Arrival in New York

optician

We always use our cell phone to alert the car service on disembarcation. We also used "self disembarcation" , took out suitcases off ourselves and got our "self" tickets from the Purser the day before and got off when we were ready. It worked very well for us. Obviously you have to be able to handle your suitcases and carry ons without help to do this.

B.

Self disembark passengers can go once customs is cleared - in my experience it has been around 8ish.

With 4 huge suitcases, we'll be hanging out for a few hours waiting on our deck to be called ;)

Does anyone know if Canadians can self-disembark from the QM2? We're on a short cruise which leaves from New York, visits Halifax, and then returns to New York. Some cruise lines let us take advantage of this option and others don't.

Thanks for all the great info. I am travelling on QM II Dec 20, 2007 for 14 days. I am considering staying in Brooklyn as opposed to Manhatten.

I arrive Dec 18th and will do two overnights but I am concerned about hotels in Brooklyn as well as getting to the pier. Anyone stayed in Brooklyn as opposed to Manhatten?

What would the trip from Manhatten to Brooklyn be like? So would it make more sense to stay in a hotel in Brooklyn?

I fly in from Canada to JFK.

On the return I am doing one overnight and may just do it at a hotel at JFK. Has anyone done this and would you have any advice?

Thanks,

Archived