carnival putting me through the ringer

ebergg

I'd call CCL and find out why you didn't receive any money back if you canceled 3 weeks out.:confused:

Bill

i think OP said cancellation was 3 wks b/4 sail date, not 3 wks after booking. 3 wks b/4 sail date, w/ no trip insurance, they could have kept it and said cya. seems like they did a very nice thing for him. and, now they just want to protect themselves ag any potential claim by pax 4.

i think OP said cancellation was 3 wks b/4 sail date, not 3 wks after booking. 3 wks b/4 sail date, w/ no trip insurance, they could have kept it and said cya. seems like they did a very nice thing for him. and, now they just want to protect themselves ag any potential claim by pax 4.

You are correct in that the OP did say cancellation was 3 weeks before the cruise. That's what I said too.

I also read where he didn't have trip insurance.

why could they have kept his money and said cya?

As posted in post #14 by Caribbean Dreams the cancellation penalty for cancelling from 29 days out until 8 days out is 50% of total fare.

That's why I said he should call and ask why he received nothing back.

Bill

You are correct in that the OP did say cancellation was 3 weeks before the cruise. That's what I said too.

I also read where he didn't have trip insurance.

why could they have kept his money and said cya?

As posted in post #14 by Caribbean Dreams the cancellation penalty for cancelling from 29 days out until 8 days out is 50% of total fare.

That's why I said he should call and ask why he received nothing back.

Bill

Bill is right; this is what I was wondering from the beginning. the OP is owed 50% of original fare, regardless of no trip insurance.

Bill is right; this is what I was wondering from the beginning. the OP is owed 50% of original fare, regardless of no trip insurance.
Me too -- I'm curious as to why a "cruise credit" was issued, rather than a refund. The OP should have been given a 50% refund, not a credit for a future cruise, at the time of the cancellation.

We always get insurance. Had to use it last month:(

It is a pain getting the insurance co, and my doctors, and the airline all on the same page (as to speak). I have been dealing with this for about 5 weeks now and still am not finished yet. Received 1/2 refund form Carnival and 1/2 from insurance company but still have not received refund for the airfare from insurance company:eek: I sent them what they asked for ( e-tickets ) and was told by an agent that my air was not covered by insurance. I called my TA and she told me it was. I called the ins. co back and they told me to send a copy of my credit card statement to proof I paid for the airline tickets...now I am waiting for that refund. Moral to the story....get insurance and stick to your guns to get what is covered by your insurance:)

Archived