Laundry And Dry Cleaning

pudgy

Does anyone know how much Princes charges for laundry cleaning. My wife says she does not plan on doing laundry on our cruise but if I want too I can. !!!!

shirts, tees, polos are approx. $3.50/per pants/capris approx $4.00-5. Dry cleaning costs more, but be careful what you send them.

Laundry prices as of May 2007

Trousers/Pants/Slacks/Skirts… $4.00

Shirts/Blouses… $3.00

Formal Shirts/Special… $4.00

Polo Shirts/Color T-Shirts… $3.00

Shorts… $3.00

Undershirts/White T-Shirts… $2.00

Undershorts/Panties… $1.00

Slips… $2.50

Bras… $1.50

Handkerchiefs… $1.00

Socks… $1.00

Nightgowns/Pajamas… $3.50

Sweatsuits… $5.00

Jumpsuits… $4.50

I'm not sure about 7-day cruises but on longer ones at least some ships offer laundry for $20 for all you can stuff in one of their special bags. It worked fine for us, but now that we are Elite we get free laundry - the best perk!

I'm not sure about 7-day cruises but on longer ones at least some ships offer laundry for $20 for all you can stuff in one of their special bags. It worked fine for us, but now that we are Elite we get free laundry - the best perk!

I know someone answered this for me before, but I can't remember (and I can't find the post)... how big is the $20 laundry bag? Like a plastic grocery bag, like a paper grocery bag, like a pillow case...?

Also, approximately when during a 10-day cruise would this be offered? Would I be ok bringing enough for 5-6 days only, or is this special only offered at the end?

Thanks! :)

Dry Cleaning/Press Only

Evening Dresses… $10.50/$5.25

Dresses… $8.50/$4.25

Suit 2 Pieces… $9.00/$4.50

Jackets… $5.00/$2.50

Trousers/Pants… $5.00/$2.50

Skirts/Slacks… $4.50/$2.25

Coats/Top Coat/Rain Coat… $7.50/$3.75

Formal Shirts/Blouses… $5.00/$2.50

Shirts… $3.50/$1.75

Sweaters… $4.50/$2.25

Polo Shirts… $3.00/$1.50

Shorts… $3.25/$1.63

Vests… $2.50/$1.25

Ties… $2.50/$1.25

I know someone answered this for me before, but I can't remember (and I can't find the post)... how big is the $20 laundry bag? Like a plastic grocery bag, like a paper grocery bag, like a pillow case...?

Also, approximately when during a 10-day cruise would this be offered? Would I be ok bringing enough for 5-6 days only, or is this special only offered at the end?

Thanks! :)

It is a paper bag a little smaller than a grocery bag. On some cruises, this service is not offered.

It is a paper bag a little smaller than a grocery bag. On some cruises, this service is not offered.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm hoping that it's offered on the Dawn; I want to have laundry done, but I don't want to waste the time. If I can cram a lot in the bag, I'm all for it! :D

I wouldn't plan on putting too many outer clothes in that bag. It's fine for undies, shorts, t-shirts but bigger items are not easy to fit in. Also, ask your Room Steward what day it will be offered and be sure to have him/her leave you the proper bag. This service is not boldly advertised though I saw a little quip on it in the Princess Patters. It's easy to miss "the day" so be aware!

Thanks LARGIN and Bucky3 for the info! I'll be sure to ask our steward. Even washing some of the whites would be helpful - I don't really want to bring 10 pairs of socks (each), 10 pairs of underwear (each), and 10 undershirts for DH - I'd rather just bring 1/2 that! On the other hand, maybe doing 1 load of laundry myself won't be that bad if I can find a washer available... At least everything else is settled to the point that my biggest "worry" is about doing laundry! :o

We always wash out our "smalls" each day and hang them on the line that is provided above the bath.

That way we do not need to bring loads of socks and underwear. We also take advantage of the special laundry bag that is usually offered twice on a 10-12 day cruise. That way we are not spending hours of our precious vacation time in the laundry waiting for a machine or dryer.

Jennie

Largin were did you find all the info I was all over the Princess site and could not find anything. Thanks for all the help. For those prices I will not have to do the laundry.

Never once have I thought of bringing home a laundry list. I try to get rid of paper instead of amassing more of it. :)

Arlene.. I figured by bringing home one 6 x 9 inch piece of paper with info that Ccers might benefit from was worth the effort.. I threw most of the other stuff away. :)

When we first started cruising I saved just about every piece of paper that came our way! A couple of cruises ago I started adding each Princess Patter to one side of the folder that is in the stateroom when you arrive along with the shore excursion info, etc. Now, along with the Patter, I just keep the important stuff all together in there, bring it home and file it away. Never occured to me to add the laundry list, but I will next time! Thanks for the reminder, Largin! Aloha!

Largin,

Not to hijack this thread, but I see you are doing B2B2B on the Coral

5/10/08 - 5/12/08 SFO to YVR

5/12/08 - 5/19/08 YVR to Whittier

5/19/08 - 5/26/08 Whitter to YVR

I've tried to book SFO to YVR, then YVR to Whittier in the past and have

been told that it was not allowed. But is your itinerary okay because you are disembarking in Vancouver?

Would have liked to do what you are doing too except my orchestra conductor scheduled a concert for 5/10/08.

In fact, I had to cancel the Coral from SFO to YVR because of that.

We are on the last 2 legs of your cruise too. Would love to meet you on the ship since we are from the Bay Area too (Concord).

Back to laundry - will try to do laundry on turnaround day. Called Princess and was told it was $0.75 per load in the self service laundry. Does that sound right? I would assume there is an additional charge to dry? What about detergent? Is that provided or do you need to purchase it somewhere? Have not done laundry aboard in the past which is why I'm asking these questions ... also have not done 14 day cruise either and the thought of 14 pairs of socks/underware/shirts/etc. x 2 pax is more than I want to pack.

Hiya..

You cannot do a SF/Vancouver Vancouver/Whitter as you will be starting and ending in an American port without stopping in a non-near foreign port. That is one of the reasons we are remaining on the ship and going back to Vancouver. In the eyes of the law we are going on a 16 day cruise from SF to Vancouver the long way. :D

As for laundry, I thought it was a buck a load to wash and a buck a load to dry.

It will also be also a pleasure to meet you. We live in Fremont. If you want to talk about the cruise off line, my email is in my profile. Put Alaska cruise in the subject line.

Well it seems like you get a different answer everytime you call.

This time the rep said on the Coral Princess, its $1.75/load to wash, $1.50/load to dry, and $1.00 per packet of detergent.

Either way, sounds affordable to me.

Well it seems like you get a different answer everytime you call.

This time the rep said on the Coral Princess, its $1.75/load to wash, $1.50/load to dry, and $1.00 per packet of detergent.

Either way, sounds affordable to me.

This is a case of each ship charging a different amount to wash and dry. MOST ships are $1.00 each for wash and dry. The Regal and Sea Princess were free.

:) we did a 17day trans panamal canal cruise and we did or should I say I did laundry on a sea day,,the facilities are clean ..there is an iron, ironing board, change machine ,soap powder machine , a rack to hold clothes hangers (take from your cabin) and a few seats..the machines worked on quarters and the dryers did too..I met a few nice people waiting for my clothes to dry while my husband listened to a guest speaker in the theater..don't over pack and remember the bathroom does have a small clothes line for little personals you might just want to rinse since the machines I would say are commmercial grade...happy kruzin'...:)

Not to hijack this thread, but I see you are doing B2B2B on the Coral

5/10/08 - 5/12/08 SFO to YVR

5/12/08 - 5/19/08 YVR to Whittier

5/19/08 - 5/26/08 Whitter to YVR

I've tried to book SFO to YVR, then YVR to Whittier in the past and have

been told that it was not allowed. But is your itinerary okay because you are disembarking in Vancouver?

Would have liked to do what you are doing too except my orchestra conductor scheduled a concert for 5/10/08.

In fact, I had to cancel the Coral from SFO to YVR because of that.

We are on the last 2 legs of your cruise too. Would love to meet you on the ship since we are from the Bay Area too (Concord).

Back to laundry - will try to do laundry on turnaround day. Called Princess and was told it was $0.75 per load in the self service laundry. Does that sound right? I would assume there is an additional charge to dry? What about detergent? Is that provided or do you need to purchase it somewhere? Have not done laundry aboard in the past which is why I'm asking these questions ... also have not done 14 day cruise either and the thought of 14 pairs of socks/underware/shirts/etc. x 2 pax is more than I want to pack.

Archived