Conquest Vs. Mariner??

jdoo

Choosing between Carnival Conquest and RCI Mariner.

Family of 4, boys 12 and 15.

Conquest does western itinerary, Mariner eastern (the week we have to go), price about the same

drive to either, but save a little money by staying with sister-in-law in galveston night before if we choose conqest

Question: Which ship, which means totally different itinerary) is best to give WOW! experience for the kids? (Can't afford the new RCI ships, too WOW! for my pocketbook. )

Any advice is appreciate.

Hi there,

I have only been on one cruise to the Western Caribbean and the stingray swim is a lifetime experience not to be missed in my book. I am taking my 12 year old daughter in October. That is an absolutely amazing experience and I am sure your children would love it. There were several kids there and everybody from all ages loved it! You might as well hop on board with us in October on Conquest. We have a real nice roll call going also!! Whatever you decide, I know you will have a nice time.

I have to say again, it is just amazing and no pictures do it justice!!

For this age, I'd have to say RCCL Mariner is a better ship. They have more activities for that age. But the itinerary is a TOUGH call.

I go back and forth between Carnival and RCCL. I've been on Eastern MANY times, just did Western 2 weeks ago.

For MY kids (ages 3 and 7) Western didn't have much for them. But for YOUR boys, they would have lots to choose from. There are stingray tours, jeep tours, jungle river rafting, treetop ziplines. My kids were too young for all of these but yours wouldn't be.

So you have a tough call. For the ship, Mariner has more WOW factor. But for the itinerary...your kids may enjoy Western more. I personally like the beaches of Eastern more...but boys don't care much for beaches every day...lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the above post. I have been on both ships with the Conquest going to the Western and the Mariner going to the Eastern. The Mariner ship is wonderfull has something to do all the time it offers alot of extras like the rock climbing wall and ice skating etc. But not as much to do on the islands tho wonderful places to visit just not as active. And then on the Conquest the ship is also beautiful a little smaller but still lots to do. It doesn't have as many as the extras as the Mariner does but still it has alot to offer. But the islands it visits to me offers alot more. We absolutely love the western now after doing both we now want to go back on the Conquest their is so much to do on those islands to keep your boys busy I should know I have 3 boys. What you need to do is sit down with your boys and see what they expect from the vacation and what activities intrest them the most and then go from there. Some families are more into the ship and what it has to offer and some are more into the islands and what they offer. My family is into both:rolleyes: Happy cruising either way you choose both cruises are great.

APRIL

Archived