wash the hands

e150club

i just came home from a nice meal at a restaraunt while in the head washing my hands with hot water and antibacterial soap, a man came in did his buissness at the urinal and left while i was still washing my hands.i hope he did'nt cut the bread for his buddies at the table.

I can add something about washing the hands on the ship!

Please do it everytime you use one of the public bathrooms & before you eat your meal especially if you plan on grabbing food off the buffet! :D

I don't know about the mens room but they now have these little safety towels right by the bathroom door as you walk out, it's meant for you to grab one, open the handle & then push out with your elbow....or something other then your hand. It's meant so you don't have to touch door knobs that people just got done touching! Great way to prevent germs from spreading! :cool:

I HATE the hand blowers! I was surprised that I did not see any hand sanatizer stations by the buffet on the Liberty last week. I don't recall seeing them anywhere on the ship?

I don't either! Was glad I always carry a small bottle! :p

Even though they say hot soapy water works best, I still like the extra step!

Just another view here. There is a school of thought that says that the overuse of hand sanitizers, antibacterial household cleaners and other such items is at least partially responsible for the so called "superbugs" that have been seen by microbiologists and healthcare professionals lately. The reason is that the microbes do adapt to changing conditions, and get tougher to kill. Don't get me wrong, one should wash their hands after certain activities, and before others, but like many things in life, too much of something (except cruising, of course) is bad.:cool:

Do yourself and others a favor, wash your hands before and after using the restroom and eating. Infectious viruses and bacteria most common in a closed enviroment such a cruise ship are spread primarily from hand to hand contact (or serving spoon to hand). Thank about it, what did you touch before entering the restroom or putting that roll in your mouth? Carry your own sanatizer and use it. I have been on two cruises and never saw a sanatizer station on either one. I carry my own and almost every time I would pull it out someone would ask if they could have a shot for themselves, which I gladly gave. Have a safe and healthy cruise.

Just another view here. There is a school of thought that says that the overuse of hand sanitizers, antibacterial household cleaners and other such items is at least partially responsible for the so called "superbugs" that have been seen by microbiologists and healthcare professionals lately. The reason is that the microbes do adapt to changing conditions, and get tougher to kill. Don't get me wrong, one should wash their hands after certain activities, and before others, but like many things in life, too much of something (except cruising, of course) is bad.:cool:

True, that's why every year we need brand new flu vaccines.

On Princess ships there are hand sanitizers all over the place. They sometimes even have the staff holding them in front of the dining room doors so that it will force people to take some :D

I believe half the population of women never wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. I see them just walk out of the stall and leave!!

Ugh, I don't understand some people, and everytime you touch anything in public, and a cruise ship, you should assume that those that touched it before you did did not wash their hands...think about it, elevator buttons, railings, gym equipment, serving utensils at the buffet etc. may be wise to carry a bottle of antibacterial stuff with you wherever you go and use it before you eat, etc.

This is something horribly gross.....I was told my a male co-worker of mine that the computer guru guy at work, the one that sets up all of our programs and comes to help with any computer related issues we have came out of the stall in the men's bathroom and left without washing his hands....then he went and tinkered around on people's keyboards. Yuck! Now everytime he has touched my keyboard I Lysol it!

Another time I saw a female co-worker of mine come out of a stall and leave without washing her hands, and later that day she was fishing through a bowl of M&M's that I had at my desk.....GROSS! Now, I only put out wrapped candy or put a spoon in the bowl for people to use.

I have seen this over and over again. On the Ships, in restaurants. I always wash my hands with hot water and then use the sanitizer on them and use a tissue to open the door. Woman are no better than the men and in fact last night dined out with hubby and a woman and child of about 4yrs. old came out of a stall. The child asked the Mother "Shouldn't We wash our hands" and She said "NO" and walked out the door. The child was smarter than the Mother...

People need to watch videos how germs transfer and cause sickness. I'm not OCD but work with them in hospital and learn alot. On cruises I take alot of small bottels of antibacterial liquid too as other posted. I take this everywhere I go on the ship and use it when needed. Washing hands may be better but I just do both to make sure I avoid bacteria the best I can. Maybe they will add something else in bathrooms besides airdryers. I hate drying my hands with toilet paper too!:rolleyes:

i just came home from a nice meal at a restaraunt while in the head washing my hands with hot water and antibacterial soap, a man came in did his buissness at the urinal and left while i was still washing my hands.

Was his name Poppy? :D Hope he wasn't making your pizza! ;)

I remember seeing the little towel dispenser in the bathrooms on my last cruise. They are meant to open the door with, but, I couldn't figure out what you are suppose to do with them after you use them. Put them in your pocket until you happen to find a trash can? The trash can in the bathroom was too far away to toss the tissue into after I had the door open. I had trouble finding trash cans also; just recycling cans.

I remember seeing the little towel dispenser in the bathrooms on my last cruise. They are meant to open the door with, but, I couldn't figure out what you are suppose to do with them after you use them. Put them in your pocket until you happen to find a trash can? The trash can in the bathroom was too far away to toss the tissue into after I had the door open. I had trouble finding trash cans also; just recycling cans.

We also had those door tissues on the Conquest in December, but there was a little waste basket outside the door to put them in. It sure was nice to be able to open the bathroom doors without touching them!!

There supposed to have a tiny trashcan right between the doors to through them away. I've seen just a few times without a trashcan.

Archived