rock of gibraltar

kruzin'

:) does any1 know how far away the "rock" is from the dock? considering how small gibraltar is I cant imagine it would be too difficult getting to it without taking a princess excursion. thanks:)

We were there this April and at the dock are van/taxis and the take you up to the sights on the rock and tell all about it for 25E Per Person.

It is a great deal, we had Johan (John) a retired police and native Gibraltorite (?). They want to fill the van with about 8 - still very comfortable. He will drive you right up to the sights and drop you in the main street in town. Worth every penny. The trip is about 2-3 hours.

Then in town did some shopping, DH bought some stuff for the movie camera, and the best fish & chips &a 'pint' at the Star Pub. You'll have to ask a British local because it's down a side street & I cant remember which but it was near the Jewish synagouge.

The tour parked farther away from the sites and the people had more uphill walking. Another choice is the tram but it only takes you up and down you still have to walk to the individual areas.

We loved Gibraltor - it even had a Safeway & Marks & Spencer Dept. Store. We were gone from home awhile at that point and needed those stores.

Enjoy, MaryAnn

PS I found out about the taxi/vans here from another CCer. Thanks.!!

:) that's great info...I will make sure to make it to the chippie:)

We were there this April and at the dock are van/taxis and the take you up to the sights on the rock and tell all about it for 25E Per Person.

It is a great deal, we had Johan (John) a retired police and native Gibraltorite (?). They want to fill the van with about 8 - still very comfortable. He will drive you right up to the sights and drop you in the main street in town. Worth every penny. The trip is about 2-3 hours.

Then in town did some shopping, DH bought some stuff for the movie camera, and the best fish & chips &a 'pint' at the Star Pub. You'll have to ask a British local because it's down a side street & I cant remember which but it was near the Jewish synagouge.

The tour parked farther away from the sites and the people had more uphill walking. Another choice is the tram but it only takes you up and down you still have to walk to the individual areas.

We loved Gibraltor - it even had a Safeway & Marks & Spencer Dept. Store. We were gone from home awhile at that point and needed those stores.

Enjoy, MaryAnn

PS I found out about the taxi/vans here from another CCer. Thanks.!!

Eek- you might turn your map right side up.

You are posting this on the Africa board and Gibraltor is in Europe !!

Hope the host will move this post for you, to the correct place.

The Gibraltorites will get upset to be thought of as part of Africa - when they are sitting there - a niche out of Spain !!

Looking across the channel to the South 12 miles you will see the African continent, but you are standing firmly in Europe.

I forgot where I was when I posted - hope you get this moved.

MaryAnn

:( need I say more?

The Gibraltorites will get upset to be thought of as part of Africa - when they are sitting there - a niche out of Spain !!

Looking across the channel to the South 12 miles you will see the African continent, but you are standing firmly in Europe.

MaryAnn

:) thank you for your response...how long approximately for your walk? I feel going is to the rock is essential when in Gibraltar..;)

We we stopped in Gibraltar a few years ago, we walked from the ship to the top of the rock and back.

MaryAnn

LOL!!!!:p

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived