Canada cruise.....dumb questions

We were on the 4 nighter on Destiny a few years ago to Canada, and last August on Victory. They had one formal night with the Capt's Welcome Aboard Party. Did NOT have repeaters cocktail party and did NOT have "deck party" either. Will be going on the 5 nighter in July. Don't think there is a difference, tho someone correct me if I'm wrong. Really wish they would have the deck party (midnight buffet) because we are going with a bunch of newbies and I'm sure they would enjoy it (or would have :mad: )

Hello,...I am from the Halifax area,... I would definitely give consideration to going to Peggys Cove,... a lovely seaside village (a post office in a lighthouse), a restaurant,... quaint little shops,.. fun to climb over the rocks,.. (dont get too close to the edge), especially beautiful if there are high waves!,...... a visit to Halifax's Citadel Hill can be fun,.. the staff are dressed in period costume and reinact different events,.. easily walked to from the pier. Kayaking is also beautiful nearby in Terence Bay, or West Dover,.. can kayak among small islands,.. I have on occasion seen porpoise while out,... and have seen whales (depending on the season) while walking on the shoreline.

we are on a cruise to canada in june...do you think we might see whales??? we are only going to saint john...if so, when should we start looking for them??? close to the port or further out at sea???

thanks!

Marsha

Hello,...I am from the Halifax area,... I would definitely give consideration to going to Peggys Cove,... a lovely seaside village (a post office in a lighthouse), a restaurant,... quaint little shops,.. fun to climb over the rocks,.. (dont get too close to the edge), especially beautiful if there are high waves!,...... a visit to Halifax's Citadel Hill can be fun,.. the staff are dressed in period costume and reinact different events,.. easily walked to from the pier. Kayaking is also beautiful nearby in Terence Bay, or West Dover,.. can kayak among small islands,.. I have on occasion seen porpoise while out,... and have seen whales (depending on the season) while walking on the shoreline.

How far is this from where the ship will dock?

Thanks for the info. Sounds beautiful!

Hello,.... there are actually two outfitters out of the Terence BAy area,.. Sea Sun Kayak,.. and East Coast Outfitters in Lower Prospect,).. both are within an hour of the dock,..about 1/2 hour outside the city,.. also a small scenic walk where the SS Atlantic went down,.. in Lower Prospect. Both outfits are good, East Coast Outfitters starts at the mouth of the bay and kayaks around small islands, and beaches. Sea Sun starts partways down in the bay,..Novashores kayaking leaves from West Dover,..about 40 minutes outside the city. West Dover is only about 5 minutes away from Peggys Cove, so could combine both,.. (Terence Bay area about 20 minutes away from Peggys,.) mileage wise it is not far away, however road is twisty turney but scenic in places.. All these would be easy to do with a rental car,... all on the same route (333) outside Halifax and you could do the loup to return to Halifax

I am following this thread with interest, as we are also doing the 5 night Carnival Victory on July 23. Our ages vary from 14 to 70 something, and we ahve NO IDEA what we will be doing in port. Please keep the suggestions coming! And thanks to the OP for posting!

A~

Like you we really aren't sure what we're going to do in port. We are leaning toward the trolley around the city. I did see that it's an excursion through Carnival, but I would prefer to book it on our own - we just haven't figured out what company it's through!

I see you're sailing the Explorer when you go to Canada. What cruiseline is that?

I hope you have fun on your cruise!

Actually, we are sailing Carnival Victory to Canada, and Royal Caribbean Explorer to Bermuda/Caribbean in August. It is extravagant of us to sail twice in one summer, but each time we were set to sail with a different set of grandparents. Unfortunately, my mother passed away in March, and my father hasn't decided if he will still travel in August... time will tell.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and I will definitely look for your posts both before your trip and wfter your return! Seems the Victory forums get very little traffic!

:)

A~

We are too! :)

What a coincidence! You will be debarking the Explorer the day we Embark!

I do have to ask, is your user Icon from HR Puff IN Stuff? :cool: I can't really see it very well, but that is what I imagine it is :D

A~

Archived