has anyone been to the beaches in Barcelona

There are a few beaches you can go to in Barcelona - Nova Icinara which is near the Olympic Marina and not as crowed as Barceloneta (which is very crowded and noisy). Bogatell is near the Olympic Village.

I've been to Costa Brava which is up north in Catalonia. I took a train to Costa Brava without any problems. Just beware of your belongs, people tend to steal from others at the beach. I've witnessed this quite a few times.

Definitely bring sunblock. I had the unfortunate experience of having a nasty sun burn that lasted almost a year! It can get pretty hot there.

It is only a short taxi ride (5 mins) from the cruise port (Port Vell) to the Port Olimpic. Just past Port Olimpic is a less crowded beach, Platja de la Nova Icaria, as recommended by ItaliaBella.

Another plus for the Port Olimpic is that there are plenty of great restaurants around the marina for lunch. Our favourite is Agua.

One of my favorite Spanish Beaches is located in the town of Sitges which is about a 40 min train ride from Barcelona. This is a very popular beach resort (gays and straights) and its a fun journey if you have the day. From the train station in Sitges you can easily walk to the beach, and you will find plenty of facilities. This might not be practical, but thought it might be a good idea to put this on the table.

Hank

Archived