Advice on Shore Excursions (Mexico)

My husband and I are taking a 4 day cruise in January on the Carnival Paradise. It's our second cruise and the first with Carnival, as well as the first on the West Coast. I'm trying to plan our shore excursions and I could use some feedback. The first stop is Catalina, the second is Ensenada. We're more into history, cooking and sightseeing than active things like snorkling. (Husband doesn't swim.) On Ensenada, we're looking at the Taste of Mexico excursion, which offers a cooking lesson and a tour. Has anyone taken this? What should we be looking at in Catalina?

My husband and I are taking a 4 day cruise in January on the Carnival Paradise. It's our second cruise and the first with Carnival, as well as the first on the West Coast. I'm trying to plan our shore excursions and I could use some feedback. The first stop is Catalina, the second is Ensenada. We're more into history, cooking and sightseeing than active things like snorkling. (Husband doesn't swim.) On Ensenada, we're looking at the Taste of Mexico excursion, which offers a cooking lesson and a tour. Has anyone taken this? What should we be looking at in Catalina?

There is a section in the main list called "ports of call" with a message board for each port. You should find the information that you need there within those boards. Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Archived