Miami-PreCruise Stay.....HELP??

We just decided :rolleyes: to fly into Miami on Fri to leave on the EOS on Sun 9/19..

I have looked into numerous hotels and am going crazy:eek: ....

I found this great deal at Days Inn Downtown/Port, Civic Center,Miami. I know the hotel is not some glamorus place but we are looking for clean, quiet and nice surroundings, especially being a last minute decision. Has anyone recently stayed here or have any information willing to share....:) please..

But, we still would like to tour Miami, shops, beaches, rest.,pro player stadium, would be great (being a dolphins fan:) ) and really enjoy the two nights. Any info. would be great......:D

Thanks Nellie...

For our cruise last Nov. we booked 3 rooms at the Days Inn and after much negative feedback we cancelled them (or so we thought). We went thru priceline and got the Radisson for our pre cruise stay. Have to say we were pleased with the Radisson. Once we got home we discovered that the Days Inn only cancelled 1 of the rooms and charged my debit card for the other 2. They claimed we only cancelled 1 of the rooms. To this day we are still unresolved and out the cost of 2 rooms. I will never stay at Days Inn again!!!!

The negative feedback was in regards to the cleanliness of the Days Inn. This was reported by numerous people that had stayed there and were quite unhappy!

Hope this helps!

Cindy ;)

Last April we stayed at the Holiday Inn Marina Park. It is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Great location, nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. We would stay there again.

We usually do the Inter-Continental, rooms range from $100-$150/night; it is a great hotel in a great location.

If you are looking for a real bargain, I would say to blow off the Days-Inn and see what priceline has to offer.

We booked on at Roney beach resort. its on the beach in southern miami within walking distance of South beach without being right in the middle of it.

We also stayed at the Sheraton which was further north (next door to Fountainblue) this was right on the beach and allowed you access to the beach boardwalk. But when you wanted to walk the strip at night you needed to take a cab.

We wanted to eliminate the cab ride this time around. :)

Till we sail

Tillie

10-24-04

Thanks to all for the info:) .

After posting the thread I was surfing around and found negative reviews on the Days...I was:eek: and couldn't believe it...yes the price is wonderful but not for what you get.

I did find Holiday Inn to be a great price. I would go through priceline but it would be my first time and I am kind of nervous about it.

I just want a hotel that is close to the pier and still in the scenic area with things to do. I am seeing my TA tonight so I hope she can help me with this.

I have read reviews from people commenting on their pre-cruise but of course I can't find any. I will have to investigate more. Any info would be great:) .

Thanks guys for all your help with this.

Nellie

Don't be nervous about Priceline. Study the BFT site, read the hotel reviews and bid for the level of service you desire and you will be OK. Near the pier, bidding a 3* downtown Miami will get you a very nice hotel room for about 1/3 of the price....don't think you can go wrong---you will pay for the room ahead of time and there is no refund but if you have under $50 invested, the risk is minimal. Our rooms at the Hyatt and Sheraton were lovely, near bayside, and a short taxi ride to the pier ($10).

I finally booked my room at the Holiday Inn-South Beach....

After hours of searching :( and the more I searched the worse it got (more to compare) but finally I went to go see my TA and she gave us a great deal. I came home and searched it on line and on two different sites I found it cheaper (my deal) for $130.00......:D

So I was very happy and plus the hotel is not glamorus but it is right on the beach....which I was really looking to get.

I know that priceline (through what I have read here) is great but for this vacation I wanted to go thru my TA and feel safe, I guess:( . I am vacationing with my parents and I wouldn't want anything to go wrong with them at my expensive:o .

Thanks to all, honestly you all were really great. Once I get the chance to experience the hotel I can come back and tell others.

Thanks Again

Nellie

I stayed at the Days Inn Civic Center and I was suppose to have a comp and when I returned I had charges on my card. Nobody at the hotel wanted to talk about it and when I called Days Inn Corporate nobody even returned my call. Very poor business practice.

As far as the hotel it wasn't very nice at all. As far as being close to things it is NOT! You have to get a cab or take public transporation if you want real food. I wouldn't reccommend this hotel to anyone!

Archived