Category 5A on Liberty/Stateroom Symbol Legend

Mandygal

Good Afternoon,

I just booked our cruise on the Liberty for September 29. My Carnival PVP said that we could book an inside cabin and be upgraded to a Category 5A with two port holes at no additional cost. I booked cabin 2221 on the Main Deck. Has anybody ever stayed in one of these 5A rooms on the Liberty? Are they the same size as a normal inside or outside room?

I found a picture of a port hole cabin from another ship and it looks like it has some sort of ledge below the port holes so I am wondering if I can even see out of the windows, or if we are losing space b/c of the port holes.

I am looking at the Stateroom Symbol Legend and it says it is a stateroom with 2 porthole windows, which I know. It also has the square symbol, which says, "Twin Bed/King, Single Convertible Sofa and Upper." Do you take this to mean that there are two twin beds? I want to make sure since I am traveling with a friend. I read it to say that there are twin beds that convert to a King, as well as a sofa and upper. Is this how you read it?

Thanks in advance for your help! I haven't cruised in a couple years and I think I've lost my cruise mojo!

Hi Mandygal.

I believe you are reading that correct. 2-TWIN beds that can convert to a KING. + a single SOFA and a fold down.

I am also sailing on the LIBERTY 9/29/07. Maybe I will get to meet while onboard.

I am traveling with a group of 11+ people. We usually have only 5 but or group keeps adding one more cabin each cruise beause we have so much fun LOL.

I have booked a balcony room that we are putting 3 people in and utilizing the single sofa bed. I have never had any problems with the space with two people and what little inconvience it will make with a 3rd person we will more than make up in splitting the cost. After all it is only to sleep, we spend most if not all our time out in the ship or on land.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I can't believe that I just now noticed your post. Sorry I didn't reply sooner!

That sure is a lot of beds in my room for just my friend and me! Thanks for clearing that up.

I am also sailing on the LIBERTY 9/29/07. Maybe we will get to meet while onboard. Have you checked out the Roll Call Board? There are a few of us on the same sailing.

Traveling with 11 is a lot! That is how my last cruise was. Everyone kept hearing how fun my LAST cruise was and then people kept joining. This time nobody has jumped on the bandwagon.

I am jealous of your balcony. I was upgraded last time and became spoiled. This time we booked an inside cabin and were upgraded to an outside with the 2 port holes. We are going the cheap route this time so we can do more on board,

I was looking today and there are barely any cabins left on our sailing. I wonder what is up.

Archived